v17 Can't update library with a vpn running
Hello there,

Again, thank you and congratulations for the great great work done here and with Kodi !

I'm experiencing an issue with Kodi Krypton RC4, running with windows 10 64 bits. I'm using a VPN (PIA) and, Kodi seems to be enable to reach the different databases for updating library while the vpn is running (I receive a message like "can't reach distant server...")... All come back to normal when vpn is off... Is there a special configuration in kodi I should have done to make it work with the vpn active in windows ? Just for you know, as far as I know, Kodi (and its databases) is the only soft which seems to be impacted for its connectivity by the vpn, and for exemple Qobuz add-on works fine inside kodi with the vpn running in windows

Thanks a lot for your help,

Vincent
Why do you need to use a VPN?

Gather a debug log (wiki), upload to PasteBin.com and supply their link here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello DarrenHill,

Thanks for your answer.

Here is the link : http://pastebin.com/thpTTSE4

I need a vpn to use Qobuz desktop on windows due to arbitrary limitation of bandwith from my french internet provider (Orange)... With the vpn, Orange can't restrict my access to the high rez listenning on Qobuz (because he can't recognize it thanks to the encryption). It's sad to have to do that, but actually, it's the only solution I have (or I need to change my internet provider). It's a known problem between Orange and Qobuz (many thread on this subject on the net in France)

See you,

Vincent

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't update library with a vpn running0