Solved Kodi 17 freeze on exit
Everything works fine while using the app, but it just freezes when I open the power options menu and hit 'exit.'

I tried uninstalling Kodi and deleting all the old files and settings, but I still have the problem after reinstalling.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro with all updates installed. The drivers for my graphics card are updated as well.

http://pastebin.com/42FcZThx
Me too. But, not everytime. I don't know what is different, I have no libraries set up, just used for streaming from the internet, all apps exited This computer has a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, no other major software

I have been having the problem since RC2. Now on Release.

The process is unresponsive but the screen is frozen, I think that it will exit when in windowed. At least in windowed you can get to the taskmanager without a keyboard. The Windows 10 is not frozen, you just can't do anything unless you get to taskmanager and end the processes.

Just for kicks I left it on it's own, it was still stuck after 3 hours.

Taskmanager says that Kodi is using 238 MB, but no CPU or disk.

And, "/" on the keyboard does NOT toggle fullscreen. What really works?
(2017-02-07, 00:08)donbrew Wrote: I think that it will exit when in windowed.

Yes. I just discovered that I can exit Kodi just fine when it's in windowed mode. It only freezes when I try to exit from fullscreen mode.

(2017-02-07, 00:08)donbrew Wrote: And, "/" on the keyboard does NOT toggle fullscreen. What really works?

It's the backslash ("\") key that toggles fullscreen, not forward slash.

I also just discovered that the issue might be related to a program I have running in the background called "EVGA Precision XOC." If I close the program before running Kodi, I have no problem exiting..... but it's important that I keep this program running because it controls the fan on my graphics card.
(2017-02-07, 02:26)SPARTEN_II Wrote: I also just discovered that the issue might be related to a program I have running in the background called "EVGA Precision XOC." If I close the program before running Kodi, I have no problem exiting..... but it's important that I keep this program running because it controls the fan on my graphics card.

I had this exact issue which was only resolved when I did I fresh Windows install (tried multiple Kodi installs, verisons etc), but I ran a EVGA GTX 970 and XOC for overclocking, so it's interesting you mention that. Try uninstalling XOC and use MSI Afterburner for your monitoring and overclocking.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
I have a AMD HD 4350 card, no overclocking. Catalyst Control Center will not even install on Win10.

Sometimes it will exit in full screen, sometimes it won't in windowed.

I guess I'm getting dyslexic in my old age / looks exactly the same as \ to me :duh:
Howdy all,

I'm having the same issue. I've got a vanilla windows 10 install on AMD APU based system (A8 - 6500 with AMD CCC) and am not using the windows store version of kodi

When exiting through the kodi menu or trying to drop to the desktop (windows+d) I get a black screen which either completely freezes or if I mash windows+d occasionally brings me back to kodi for another attempt.

I tried changing to windowed mode rather than full screen, but it got me a black screen of death and had to reboot.

frustrating problem, but I'm sure the devs will fix. Otherwise krypton is awesome, love the new skin.
(2017-02-07, 10:42)levi.baker88 Wrote: I had this exact issue which was only resolved when I did I fresh Windows install (tried multiple Kodi installs, verisons etc), but I ran a EVGA GTX 970 and XOC for overclocking, so it's interesting you mention that. Try uninstalling XOC and use MSI Afterburner for your monitoring and overclocking.

This solved the issue for me. I now have no problem exiting Kodi from fullscreen mode while running Afterburner instead of XOC. Thanks for the help.
Thank you. Everything is working fine here as well after switching to Afterburner.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 freeze on exit0