Solved Change star ratings color?
I really like this skin and have set up everything almost exactly as I would want it. The only item I really wish to change is the blue color used for the star ratings in the Movies section. It just doesn't stand out very well, especially on selected items. I would like to change the star ratings only to a more traditional yellow and will happily edit whatever file I need to do so manually, I just need to know where to look, and maybe specifically what to edit if it is not readily apparent.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

EDIT: I use the "List Info 2" view for Movies with the default color scheme if that makes any difference
Hi dksmedia and welcome to the forums.

Glad you like the skin! Wink

I guess you tried the red or orange color themes?

You can try to disable star ratings (go to the top options menu bar). That will show ratings as integers.

Or you can download the textures from Git and change the colors yourself. The rating images are located here.
I suggest to download all textures and create a new Textures.xbt file to place inside the skin.rapier/media/ folder.
Or you can change the star ratings and upload them somewhere, and I'll create the xbt file for you. Smile
That worked great! Thank you! Though I did find it simpler to just decompile the original Textures.xbt file then recompile with the replaced images using the [Windows] Kodi Texture Tool rather than download everything from git and compile myself. I don't know how to link in this forum but the url for the tool follows if anybody else wants to do something similar.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201883

Again, great skin and thank you for the quick response!
Great you got it solved and figured it out yourself Wink

Remember, that with each skin update, the contents of the skin folder gets replaced. So you should keep a backup of your modified Textures.xbt file somewhere else on your computer. When the skin updates, you can copy your file to the media folder again. And remember to check if there are new images added to the new version.

I strongly recommend to keep the skin updated at all times.

You can download and install my development repo to follow development.

EDIT: I'll mark this thread as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change star ratings color?0