Revert Back to Older Version Perhaps Helix
This is my first visit. I have an older Linux system running Mint 17.1. The graphics card is older Radeon RV280 9200; the system runs excellent. I tried to install Kodi and it was version Jarvis however wouldn't load the screen past the Jarvis display then back to desktop after 5 seconds. I tried to install an older version of Kodi and instead got Krypton. Krypton loads however is very sluggish due to the GPU. Replacing the GPU is not an option. I was hoping reverting back to an older version of Kodi I would be able to get it to run on the older GPU. I tried searching this and everything I tried hasn't worked. Any thoughts on rolling back to say Helix or any other thoughts you can provide? I have a Pivos Xios XS box that ran first Helix and now is up to Jarvis and it works great. This desktop unit is for a TV room we have. Thanks for your time and advice.
disable dithering in kodi and try again with krypton.
reverting to a very old kodi version means you'll have to compile it yourself
For the records: I will disable ithering for 17.1 by default
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OK, thanks, I will continue on with Krypton. Any suggestions to tweak the system? Would Open elec be an option?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revert Back to Older Version Perhaps Helix0