Connection problems after clean start
Hi - I imagine I'm not the only one who has had this problem so apologies if this thread is elsewhere, I just couldn't see it when I had a scan of the forum.

I'm also not particularly techi so please be gentle.

I've had an android droid player for about 18 months and it's generally been stable, but I did a clean start after it kept crashing (I did the same about six months ago and all fine afterwards). This time I'm having problems reinstalling Kodi

In short, when I get the home screen and click on Kodi I get the screen which just has "settings" and "install dp", but when I click "install dp" i get an error message saying I'm not connected to Internet. When I go to settings it says I am connected. I've reconnected two or three times with ethernet and wifi and still get the same problem. It's driving me mad so any advice gratefully received! Thanks!
Is this a GoStreamer box with DroidPlayer?

If so that would be a question for them, as it's their custom installer and nothing to do with us.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi - I imagine I'm not the only one who has had this problem so apologies if this thread is elsewhere, I just couldn't see it when I had a scan of the forum.

I'm also not particularly techi so please be gentle.

I've had an android droid player for about 18 months and it's generally been stable, but I did a clean start after it kept crashing (I did the same about six months ago and all fine afterwards). This time I'm having problems reinstalling Kodi

In short, when I get the home screen and click on Kodi I get the screen which just has "settings" and "install dp", but when I click "install dp" i get an error message saying I'm not connected to Internet. When I go to settings it says I am connected. I've reconnected two or three times with ethernet and wifi and still get the same problem. It's driving me mad so any advice gratefully received! Thanks!
no wizards and modified / loaded kodi builds talk here, please.
I have no idea I'm afraid. It's the square black box with the android logo giving a thumbs up - is that GoStreamer? Trying an image below but it's a long long time since I've used forums so may not appear!

I have no idea I'm afraid. It's the square black box with the android logo giving a thumbs up - is that GoStreamer? Trying an image below but it's a long long time since I've used forums so may not appear!

Threads merged.

As said, is a modified version of Kodi which isn't from us and we do not support.

Contact whoever you got it from and ask them.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok thanks for your help.

I'll also look for non modified version - wasn't aware that's what I had!
Try to disable IPV6 in advancedsettings.xml (in user folder, if it does not exist, create it).
Just add or modify the section "network". It worked for me in android 5.1 (teclast X80 plus tablet).

<advancedsettings>
. . .
<network>
<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
</network>
. . .
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connection problems after clean start0