Turn the entire settings inferface/window into a dialog
As in, a dialog over the home screen, so you effectively do all your setup within that one space. Possible?
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
Madnox.. has this onclick activate window onclick dailog
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Or fake the home screen in the settings area.
Not sure that can be done convincingly when you have fullscreen multiimages on the Home screen. The jump from one screen to another would rule out crossfading, if I'm not mistaken, which would break the illusion of it being in the same space.

@smitchell6879: Not sure what you're getting at. Can you elaborate?
In madnox there is a customize furniture setting which is part of the home screen... If I remember right you can from your settings make a button/setting and it will have 2 onclick the first <onclick>active window(home)</onclick> and right below the second is <onclick>ActivateWindow (your custom dailog)</onclick>

And essentially what it does is allow home window to be visible with the dialog or custom window as a overlay you background will determine what part of the home screen you can see.

Hopefully that makes sense... If not just check out madnox furniture settings
How is that any different to opening a custom dialog on the home screen?
Basically the same just the way you access it and is different plust when you go back it goes back to settings and not the home screen directly... Maybe I am completely missing what DJH is asking
Yeah, that's not quite what I'm asking, but thanks.

The root problem is that you can't tell the Settings window to be a dialog. Or have I got that wrong?
So you want everything single setting visible in one window?
Could you not make a custom dialog xml then open each settings window underneath this [the settings would draw nothing, ie. draw offscreen or fade to 0].
The custom dialog would be zorder 2, settings 0.
As youre only ever focused on one setting to change it it wouldnt matter if other windows are opened or closed.
You could then hopefully read all strings settings is changing in the custom.
The custom would navigate the hidden windows via control move, or the hidden window navigates the custom window.

/Just woke up hope that makes sense ..
I'm thinking it'll have to be something like that. I've worked the design so that you can fade out the colour sensing components, as your scripts can't read the colour values from Home once the dialog is active: the backgrounds change but the colours don't update.

Right now I've got the Aeon Settings as a series of lists and controls which work within the Home screen, though I can imagine it working better as a dialog in terms of both control (no confusion over how to exit the settings) and visibility (easier for the Home controls to know when to animate, etc.).
(2017-02-19, 14:29)djh_ Wrote: I'm thinking it'll have to be something like that. I've worked the design so that you can fade out the colour sensing components, as your scripts can't read the colour values from Home once the dialog is active: the backgrounds change but the colours don't update.

Right now I've got the Aeon Settings as a series of lists and controls which work within the Home screen, though I can imagine it working better as a dialog in terms of both control (no confusion over how to exit the settings) and visibility (easier for the Home controls to know when to animate, etc.).

Yeah, this sucks as the dialogs cant share strings outside of each other. Or vice versa, had posted about this yesterday. Nor window propertys, totally nuts! Its like the core is forcing skinning, but thats another gripe/story!
So the color is updating but the dialog can't use anything from outside of it Sad [Just tested this and it is nuts how opening a dialog freezes the color script, even the color outside the dialog stay the same, sigh].

You 'could' try (and I might later) using skin.helper webservice to get the strings, as I do this in lists as they too cant use either strings/propertys utside of them. Although I know you dont want to rely on that script.

Code:
                        <texture background="true">http://localhost:52307/getvarimage&title=$INFO{Skin.String(MenuDefaultIconsPath)}/add.png</texture>

Anyways, with custom dialog not sure if it will flicker as it opens closes settings, as I'm guessing each settings*.xml will need to open the custom onload.

But also again skin.helper allows you to change settings via the script so you wouldn't need to open the settings ...
(2017-02-19, 13:32)djh_ Wrote: Yeah, that's not quite what I'm asking, but thanks.

The root problem is that you can't tell the Settings window to be a dialog. Or have I got that wrong?

Settings is a window plain and simple and as such cannot be made to act as a dialog.
The first level of setting u can use a dialog I had even used skinshortcuts at this level to reorder the settings.. but once u get to the second level is where the windows become forced

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn the entire settings inferface/window into a dialog0