This is a spin off the "Call to Arms"
First i hope the "TK" will let us have this little friendly debate, i will keep my bad language to a minimum, but i feel we need a little topic where, people can comment without getting banned left and right, i could ofc just post this in Call to arms, as you all know i have no problems venting my views, even when i am wrong, i could ofc make a "sheep" account like the 200 other people, fearing to get a Ban.

But i feel the forum need a good debate about accusations, flying around the Web, so if the "TK" will let us have this little peaceful debate, where i am assigned "nod" to moderate the thread, and trust me if i see anyone out of line, i will click my ICP and press the last option, bam user from forum, i have no problem using my status as "nod" moderator in this thread.

If this is going to be a friendly debate we need a little "room" to make a fun comment, or be a bit off topic, and we prob will have some bad language a word or two, and if the "TK" consent to this little debate we need a long "rope" some play room, now i will not tolerate fowl language or name calling accusations like i saw "atethomas" selling fully loaded boxes with all second-part addons, i will not tolerate that, and as "nod" in this thread i will do my best to moderate it asi see fit, i will use both my "nod" Moderator and ICP, faster then you can searcg for second-part addons, and watch ski without paying.
Okay i have done my best to describe the nature of the post this thread might have and if the "TK" will let us have this debate, i will use my "nod" status Moderator powers as i see fit. (btw there are no spelling errors in the above outline)
Thank you.

Okay now to the serious part.
1. why does UK FACT hate XBMC/KODI and make hints if you read between the lines i will post this but not make any hasty or badly chosen assumption.
Of course, this doesn't stop people from buying "clean" Kodi boxes, and then downloading the copyright infringing add-ons themselves.
I took the comment i found least offensive, but read the whole story yourself, and read between the lines.
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technolog...spartandhp

2. I also found comments from the UK Mirror, i would personally take very offensive, will not post link, because of some of the comments and the how to's in the article.

3. theregister ain't much better also hinting stuff that made me mad, on kodi's behalf

Now i could post several links to other "known" UK newspapers sites but they all have users explaining stuff, on how to do this and that, and in violation with the kodi rules so i will not.

And the mail from Amazon yea old one but still, that made me mad like a well but you judge for yourself "this" is the mail kodi received, when Amazon pulled the plug

Hi [Kodi Team],

Thanks for your e-mail. This e-mail is regarding the Kodi app that you submitted for sale through the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Program.
In reviewing your app, we determined that it can be used to facilitate the piracy or illegal download of content. Any facilitation of piracy or illegal downloads is not allowed in our program.

Please do not resubmit this app or similar apps in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
[Amazon]

Again this is from a website i will not post link, but if i am asked to do so by the "TK" i will, but its a mainstream site but they post a guide on how to stream until your hearts desire, without anyone finding out.
How lame is that its right under where they "hint" kodi is lets say "bad news" and leave it at that.

What made me make this thread was, the article, about the Multi-agency crackdown on illegal TV set-top boxes results in five arrests.

And seeing some "hints" or read between the line from UK police and FACT made me do some investigation, and i was baffled almost every where i looked kodi was getting a bad rep from newspapers officials and so on.

If this continues will kodi have a future, i mean the "TK" are in this for fun, but i am having a hard time seeing any "fun" atm.

Okay i hope as i said we can have this little "clean" debate without the need for people to make "sheep accounts" and why i call it sheep account is my own little word for it, and no need to explain what i mean by it, you will just get offended.

Thank you i hope my debate get a little room and not just moved because of this and that.
The forum needs a little cheering and if you read the outline and understood it, you do not need to laugh, but at least smile, okay i better stop before i get some "TK" in hear yelling my ears full, and i hope if we are allowed this little sidestep in normal forum use, that the "TK" will not "live" to regret giving "Grandpa" a longer leech. so try to keep it clean does not have to make sense my post, never do.

Thank You.
I will gladly explain myself or any words you do not understand in the outline, "its all in my head" so shoot.
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Really?
I'll say it, schizophrenia?
What or who is "TK"HuhHuh?
TK = Team Kodu
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-24, 22:46)nickr Wrote: TK = Team Kodu

*Koki
I shall try and enter into a debate with you.
I don't think FACT hate Kodi and the article you quoted could have been one from many dozens posted in the UK media over the last few weeks.

However I have nothing other than supposition to base what the rest of I say on.

FACT recently lost 50% of their funding when Hollywood bailed on them and they are now trying to impress their new or maybe only remaining paymasters who are the UK rights holders.

Unfortunately here in the UK amongst a large part of the ignorant public Kodi has become synonymous with piracy (I've given up trying to tell friends and family not to believe what they see on YouTube or inform on the dangers of todays 3rd party addons because they just wont listen when they think they're getting free TV!),
what FACT have done very successfully is hit a few low hanging fruit rather than taking on the big boys like Amazon and Ebay who must be responsible for the vast majority of "fully loaded" crap sold here and then spin a few half truths all over the media to scare people.

Their tactics may or may not be a good thing but I doubt they will succeed, as for every scare story in the media a barrack room lawyer pops up telling the ignorant they are perfectly safe with their Kodi box.

Unfortunately imho only someone stopping the big corporations selling the fully loaded boxes or the courts succeeding with their whack-a-mole site blocking will improve the situation of Kodi being presented as the new IT bogeyman in our mainstream media for a while yet.
(2017-02-24, 22:53)Gorbulan Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 22:46)nickr Wrote: TK = Team Kodu

*Koki
Thanks, bloody android keyboard!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-24, 20:04)kimkl Wrote: First i hope the "TK" will let us have this little friendly debate, i will keep my bad language to a minimum, but i feel we need a little topic where, people can comment without getting banned left and right, i could ofc just post this in Call to arms, as you all know i have no problems venting my views, even when i am wrong, i could ofc make a "sheep" account like the 200 other people, fearing to get a Ban.

But i feel the forum need a good debate about accusations, flying around the Web, so if the "TK" will let us have this little peaceful debate, where i am assigned "nod" to moderate the thread, and trust me if i see anyone out of line, i will click my ICP and press the last option, bam user from forum, i have no problem using my status as "nod" moderator in this thread.

If this is going to be a friendly debate we need a little "room" to make a fun comment, or be a bit off topic, and we prob will have some bad language a word or two, and if the "TK" consent to this little debate we need a long "rope" some play room, now i will not tolerate fowl language or name calling accusations like i saw "atethomas" selling fully loaded boxes with all second-part addons, i will not tolerate that, and as "nod" in this thread i will do my best to moderate it asi see fit, i will use both my "nod" Moderator and ICP, faster then you can searcg for second-part addons, and watch ski without paying.
Okay i have done my best to describe the nature of the post this thread might have and if the "TK" will let us have this debate, i will use my "nod" status Moderator powers as i see fit. (btw there are no spelling errors in the above outline)
Thank you.

Okay now to the serious part.
1. why does UK FACT hate XBMC/KODI and make hints if you read between the lines i will post this but not make any hasty or badly chosen assumption.
Of course, this doesn't stop people from buying "clean" Kodi boxes, and then downloading the copyright infringing add-ons themselves.
I took the comment i found least offensive, but read the whole story yourself, and read between the lines.
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technolog...spartandhp

2. I also found comments from the UK Mirror, i would personally take very offensive, will not post link, because of some of the comments and the how to's in the article.

3. theregister ain't much better also hinting stuff that made me mad, on kodi's behalf

Now i could post several links to other "known" UK newspapers sites but they all have users explaining stuff, on how to do this and that, and in violation with the kodi rules so i will not.

And the mail from Amazon yea old one but still, that made me mad like a well but you judge for yourself "this" is the mail kodi received, when Amazon pulled the plug

Hi [Kodi Team],

Thanks for your e-mail. This e-mail is regarding the Kodi app that you submitted for sale through the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Program.
In reviewing your app, we determined that it can be used to facilitate the piracy or illegal download of content. Any facilitation of piracy or illegal downloads is not allowed in our program.

Please do not resubmit this app or similar apps in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
[Amazon]

Again this is from a website i will not post link, but if i am asked to do so by the "TK" i will, but its a mainstream site but they post a guide on how to stream until your hearts desire, without anyone finding out.
How lame is that its right under where they "hint" kodi is lets say "bad news" and leave it at that.

What made me make this thread was, the article, about the Multi-agency crackdown on illegal TV set-top boxes results in five arrests.

And seeing some "hints" or read between the line from UK police and FACT made me do some investigation, and i was baffled almost every where i looked kodi was getting a bad rep from newspapers officials and so on.

If this continues will kodi have a future, i mean the "TK" are in this for fun, but i am having a hard time seeing any "fun" atm.

Okay i hope as i said we can have this little "clean" debate without the need for people to make "sheep accounts" and why i call it sheep account is my own little word for it, and no need to explain what i mean by it, you will just get offended.

Thank you i hope my debate get a little room and not just moved because of this and that.
The forum needs a little cheering and if you read the outline and understood it, you do not need to laugh, but at least smile, okay i better stop before i get some "TK" in hear yelling my ears full, and i hope if we are allowed this little sidestep in normal forum use, that the "TK" will not "live" to regret giving "Grandpa" a longer leech. so try to keep it clean does not have to make sense my post, never do.

Thank You.
I will gladly explain myself or any words you do not understand in the outline, "its all in my head" so shoot.

In the words of the virgin Mary, come again?
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I have read the first post twice, and I still don't know what it is trying to say. Where is the thesis?
This post needs its own Rosetta Stone.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I think that the gist of it is that because of the statements made my FACT, the usual gutter press media of the UK (which is sadly most of the media) will jump on such statements to make headlines, regardless of whether they are factual or not.

And because of what might seem like a roller coaster of bad press, it would seem that the OP sees this roller coaster gathering such momentum that eventually the likes of FACT will be able to influence those in power to eventually go after Kodi itself in order to get it banned, closed or whatever strategy allows them to win and get the result that they want.

The nature of Politics.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This is a spin off the "Call to Arms"0