ES File Explorer - Remote Manager not connecting
Hey guys can you offer any advice or troubleshooting steps?

I am running an Amazon Fire TV (4k gen 2 with latest firmware) and I have the ES File Explorer installed. The ESFE seems to be working as expected but when I turn on the Remote Manager feature none of the computers on my home network (Win 10 PC, Macbook Pro, iPad) can access the Fire TV. I have tried different methods to connect my computers to ...ftp://192.168.xxx.xxx:3721/ but got nowhere. I've read several pages online that describe how to add the FTP as a drive but I get this error on my Win10 machine everytime:

"Windows cannot access this folder. MAke sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder."

I tried several times using the anonymous login method and I've even tried creating a password. I also tried turning off my Windows firewall and disabling my anti-virus but nothing helps.

Is there something I should check in my router? In the Fire TV?

Is this working for others with a current Fire TV 4k? Huh

Any suggestions? Big thanks...
Ok first of all it's either http://192.168. etc etc OR ftp://192.168. etc etc NOT both

Secondly not quite sure what any of this has to do with Kodi??

What exactly are you trying to do?

edit: Huh weird, putting in ftp://.... automatically adds http:// in front of it so my apologies to the OP for that one
Yea the auto-correct thing got me too. I am sure my syntax for the ftp command is correct and I triple checked it against what ESFS remote manager instructs me to do. I have also followed several guides on how to start an FTP connection on Windows and Macs. None of it works...

And this has a lot to do with Kodi... ES File explorer is the program most people use to access files on the Amazon Fire TV so they can back-up and modify Kodi files and others. You can use it to do a manual backup of Kodi...

Does anyone have any constructive comments or advice? Possible troubleshooting steps?
I wasn't trying to be obstructive, I was just trying to ascertain why you came to the kodi forum about a problem with FTP on an Amazon Fire TV, neither of which has anything whatsoever to do with kodi.

I mean by all means we will try and help to the limit of peoples generally very good knowledge on here but there's gonna be plenty of other forums (i.e. an actual Android forum) which would be able to help more.

You've pretty much gone through most of the troubleshooting steps already so now we're down to is it a limitation of the FireOS or is it a problem with ES File explorer (which in and of itself is a malware ridden piece of crap), both of which you would be probably better off contacting the respective developers to try and resolve.

If you're having an issue with something in kodi that this is in an effort to resolve then tell us what that is and we might be able to help more.
You ever get this fixed?

This started happening to me recently.
I'm guessing you're using ethernet? Mine does this on ethernet but works fine on wifi. strange.
(2018-09-15, 23:26)OptimusGREEN Wrote: I'm guessing you're using ethernet? Mine does this on ethernet but works fine on wifi. strange.
If you're addressing this to me...

My Windows PC and Raspberry Pi (running KODI) are both wired.

I was able to get my issue resolved by turning on a protocol that one of the Windows 10 updates turned off.  As its been a little while, I can't remember exactly what it was, but I think it was SMB 1.0 as mentioned in this post -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304203 
Even though the issue in this referenced post is getting to Windows shares from KODI, it also fixes getting to KODI from Windows, as I recall.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ES File Explorer - Remote Manager not connecting0