Added nfo, TV Series in Video's NOT TV Series
(2017-03-06, 23:39)blossom24 Wrote:
Quote:So, if they are Series/Season 0, how would you name a special that has been put in Season 01 after E04?

Go to Midsomer Murders, click on Specials, then click on the Pilot episode. Up pops the data for the episode.

About half way down you will see two fields... "Airs After Season" and "Airs Before". For Specials one of these is "usually" filled in. In this case the "Airs Before" has an entry "01x01....." This is telling you that the Special episode will be sorted in your list so it appears before the episode S01E01. Basically making it S01E00. This is a fixed entry and, in this case, can't be changed because the show is locked.

Hope that helps.

It does but it doesn't, and that is exactly what I figured out, but NONE of my pilots that are in as "Series Name\Season 00\S00E00 - Pilot.avi" do not show up in Season 01 they show up in Specials\Episode Name. (Make sense?). None of the "specials" show up where they really should, they just show under the "season" called specials. THAT is what still puzzles me.
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-03-07, 00:34)Powerhouse Wrote: So it does appear your naming is off. So some pointers for you (or anyone else that reads this thread, looking for help).

1. TV shows should be named with the Season # followed by the Episode #. Example:
TV Shows\Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer\Season 1\S00E001 - The High Cost of Dying.avi
is incorrect, it should be like this...
Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer\Season 1\S01E001 - The High Cost of Dying.avi

2. For Flash Gordon, that is actually a special case (Looney Tunes is also like this), where instead of Season #, you have to put the actual year. So it should be like this...
TV Shows\Flash Gordon\Season 1938\S1938E01 New Worlds to Conquer

3. Only Special Episodes have the designation of Season 0 (and are listed at the TheTVDB.com as such). So while there are no special episodes of Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer, there is for other TV Shows like The Big Bang Theory, for example:
TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory\Season 0\S00E01 Unaired Pilot

However, you do have to be careful, as if You look at Season 10 of The Big Bang Theory, you will see at the top "Special Comic-Con 2016 Writers Panel" Which you might think should be listed as TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory\Season 10\S10E00 Comic-Con 2016 Writers Panel (BUT THIS IS WRONG!). So even though this Episode shows up at the top of Season 10, in actuality, It is a Season 0 episode listed as the following...
TV Shows\The Big Bang Theory\Season 0\S00E05 Comic-Con 2016 Writers Panel

As noted above, that is what I expected, but - for me - they always stay in "specials" with full descriptions et al.
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
Quote:None of the "specials" show up where they really should, they just show under the "season" called specials. THAT is what still puzzles me.

Ok understand. Remember when I stated the following...

Quote:"Airs After Season" and "Airs Before". For Specials one of these is "usually" filled in

On TVDB go into those episodes that are not sorting as they are meant to be, and check out if one of those two fields has an entry. You will most likely find that they are blank. This is where you come in and enter the missing data. Once you make a change on TVDB, it can be immediate or it may take 10 or so minutes... so make an allowance for this when re-scraping your episodes.
which Counterstrike? the 1990's version or the UK 1969 version

-----------------Edit----------------

Ok, just saw the name of the pilot episode which matches the 1990's version.

I named it as follows...
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Counterstrike\Counterstrike S01E01.mkv

It scraped ok.

I then tried your name - \...\S01E01 - Dealbreaker.mkv

It also worked ok

What is "Collectorz" that you mentioned in post #30. Is this some software you are using for naming?
(2017-03-08, 01:21)blossom24 Wrote: which Counterstrike? the 1990's version or the UK 1969 version

-----------------Edit----------------

Ok, just saw the name of the pilot episode which matches the 1990's version.

I named it as follows...
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Counterstrike\Counterstrike S01E01.mkv

It scraped ok.

I then tried your name - \...\S01E01 - Dealbreaker.mkv

It also worked ok

THIS is why think there is something ELSE going on. I've deleted it, 2-3 times - and re-entered it, I've deleted all the info, other than the video, and re-scanned and it has not showed up. 2 Monty Python Series just took me almost 45 minutes. 2 -3 times deleting/adding, then deleting/cleaning/updating - no joy, then deleting/deleting all in the (sub)directorys/cleaning/EXITING Kodi/re-adding IN videos|series and FINALLY joy.

Explain that to me, what did I do wrong? The files were named correctly all along, it just ... wouldn't ... play ... nice.

(2017-03-08, 01:21)blossom24 Wrote: What is "Collectorz" that you mentioned in post #30. Is this some software you are using for naming?

The Movie/TV Database software. Collectorz.com.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-03-08, 01:16)blossom24 Wrote:
Quote:None of the "specials" show up where they really should, they just show under the "season" called specials. THAT is what still puzzles me.

Ok understand. Remember when I stated the following...

Quote:"Airs After Season" and "Airs Before". For Specials one of these is "usually" filled in

On TVDB go into those episodes that are not sorting as they are meant to be, and check out if one of those two fields has an entry. You will most likely find that they are blank. This is where you come in and enter the missing data. Once you make a change on TVDB, it can be immediate or it may take 10 or so minutes... so make an allowance for this when re-scraping your episodes.

I gotta stop answering to each individual post ... sorry

Look at Midsomer Murders, it is filled before 01x01, empty in after - shouldn't that work?
SageTV, Kodi.
Quote:The Movie/TV Database software. Collectorz.com.

And how, exactly, are you utilising this software. Please be very specific.
(2017-03-08, 23:30)blossom24 Wrote:
Quote:The Movie/TV Database software. Collectorz.com.

And how, exactly, are you utilising this software. Please be very specific.

I guess I made an assumption everyone knew - at least Collectorz would have you think that ... This is a Movie Database, separate from Kodi. It's something I can collect log my video's and always have them; either with their Android S/W, or an HTML Printout.

I'm getting to the point where I'm almost done, even though a lot of my stuff ... well enough to make me crazy ... won't show ... is there a way to make it/stuff show in the library even though there isn't any info?
SageTV, Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Added nfo, TV Series in Video's NOT TV Series0