TV OSD popping up when new video starts from playlist?
Hi, I'm running Kodi on a Pi 3 connected to a Sony Android TV and so far I love it. I'm having a problem, though, playing a folder full of short videos by selecting the video directory from the context menu. The problem I'm having is that at the start of every video, the *TV's* OSD pops up for five seconds or so as if I'd changed to a new source.

Nothing else is happening, the OSD is just popping up every time a new video starts. This seems like it's to do with CEC maybe? Is there anything I can do to stop it happening? A lot of these videos are only 10 seconds or so long and it's really intrusive.
Do you have "adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled in player settings?
Does disabling it avoid the issue?
(2017-03-04, 14:01)popcornmix Wrote: Do you have "adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled in player settings?
Does disabling it avoid the issue?

Hi, I see the option "Adjust display refresh rate" in Settings > Video > Playback, but it's turned off. There's also "Sync playback to display" below it, but that's turned off too.
CEC cannot cause the TV's OSD to do anything. In fact kodi cannot influence that at all.
Adjusting refresh rate may cause the TV OSD to appear (that is up to the TV), but that sounds like it is disabled.

Only other thing I can think of is a change in audio format. In system/audio settings try:
Output configuration: fixed
Limit sampling rate: 48kHz
Keep audio device alive: Always

The other option is to search the TV menus for a way to display the OSD appearing. It is the TV's choice, not kodi's.
(2017-03-05, 14:21)popcornmix Wrote: Only other thing I can think of is a change in audio format. In system/audio settings try:
Output configuration: fixed
Limit sampling rate: 48kHz
Keep audio device alive: Always

What do you know, that fixed it! Thanks a lot. It seems like I can safely set keepalive back to 1 minute, and setting the output configuration to fixed is what makes the difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV OSD popping up when new video starts from playlist?0