v17 Black screen after startup
I have the second generation fire stick with the most up to date OS. I downloaded Kodi 17.1 and installed. When I ran Kodi the screen turn black immediately after the splash screen. I can hear the clicks of the menu items, but cannot see anything. Can anyone help? Or should I just stick with Jarvis?
I just upgraded to the latest RC and its working fine. Which file did you download?
I'm new to kodi and am still learning. After watching a few videos on YouTube,
I downloaded: kodi-17.1-Kriptin_rc1armeabi-v7a.apk under the Current Release Kodi: v17.1 "krypton" release candidate.
Possibly a skin update in progress? Can take a good few mins.

Sent from my X15
Nope, don't think so. Black screen for over 20 minutes
I'm having the exact same problem.
Try a fresh install with the nightly 32 bit file and see if you still have the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm still having the same issue.
Have you tried a factory restore of the fire stick, then install a fresh copy of the RC?
I tried with no luck
How about different displays? And if you load 16 back on, all works fine?
16 works fine. How do I change display? Would it be in the Firestick settings? Firestick would allow me to select a different refresh rate because they are not compatible with my tv. TV is 13 years old by the way.
(2017-03-09, 23:06)Turtlehonu77 Wrote: 16 works fine. How do I change display? Would it be in the Firestick settings? Firestick would allow me to select a different refresh rate because they are not compatible with my tv. TV is 13 years old by the way.

I mean try plugging your stick into a different display.. that way you can rule out the tv.
Friends, neighbours, parents, TV's at work?

The fire stick is rather portable Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ha ha DH. I understand the fire stick is portable, but if it doesn't work on my TV it doesn't matter if it works on somebody else's. I'll just stick with Jarvis for now. Thanks everybody for your help and suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen after startup1