MySQL Troubles
Hello,

A little background. I have set up "MySQL" several times in the past to sync all my media. But this time I am having a bit of trouble and I am hoping someone can guide me in the right direction.

I have MySQL set up on a Windows 8.1 machine. Everything looks good regarding the databases because I can see both the VideoXXX and the MusicXX when I query the database.

Here is my advancedsettings code:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.11.2</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.11.2</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

And my passwords file is:

Code:
<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.11.2/e/Movies</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://xxx:[email protected]/e/Movies/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.11.2/e/Music</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://xxx:[email protected]/e/Music/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.11.2/e/Recorded TV</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://xxx:[email protected]/e/Recorded TV/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.11.2/e/TV Shows</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://xxx:[email protected]/e/TV Shows/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

With
Code:
xxx:xxxxxx
being username:password and the "e" after the IP address is the drive letter that the various media is stored on.

My old server didn't have to use the drive letter; therefore it was smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Movies, smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/TV Shows, etc. Is the drive letter tripping me up? Is there something else I am missing or doing wrong?

Thanks!
What is happening? What error does your log file give?
As bilgepump says, you haven't actually said what the problem is but from your mention of a drive letter I'm going to go out on a limb and guess nothing plays on your Kodi clients. You're getting the "Show/Movie no longer exists in the library, do you want to remove it?" prompt?

If so, yes it could be the share path that's the problem. The full share path you use to add sources in the first place needs to be accessible from all of your Kodi clients. So in your case, can you access \\192.168.11.2\e\TV Shows from all your Kodi client machines? If not, either adjust the shares so that path is valid or delete all your sources, clean your library and re-add them making sure you use SMB paths which work on all your clients.
You don't use "drive letters" when it comes to smb sharing. You simply have a host and a share point. So "192.168.11.2/e/TV Shows/" doesn't make sense if the "e" in that string is a drive letter, it would just be '192.168.11.2/TV Shows" where "Tv Shows" is your folder on drive "e".
Thanks for everyone regarding the SMB sharing when it comes to the actual drive letter, in this case, drive "e". I had a feeling about that issue. In the original post, I have removed the "e" from the path of each directory in the password file. And now on to the actual problem (since I failed to explain what it was in the first post - sorry about that, little exhausted from trying to get this to work).

My problem: I can scan the content by adding the various sources, but the sources have not populated the databases in MySQL.
We need a debug log of you scanning something into your library.
Here is the log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24177954

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks, Jon
I don't see you trying to scan a source into the library.....
Well, I scanned something in TV Shows and this time it seems to be working. Not quite sure why? The only thing I changed is that I turn off Private Internet Access VPN which was giving me a different IP address than my home network.

Thanks for the help and please consider this thread solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Troubles1