• 22(current)
Solved Kodi 17.x Installation problem with KB2670838 Win7 x64
In settings>addons there is a left slider that offers to check updates and a setting file for it. Your post is irrelevant to the solved thread title and should really have it's own thread if you wish to continue the thread on this new topic.
(2019-11-22, 20:52)PatK Wrote: In settings>addons there is a left slider that offers to check updates and a setting file for it. Your post is irrelevant to the solved thread title and should really have it's own thread if you wish to continue the thread on this new topic.

I'm sorry, not to be rude but you misunderstood my question and I am guessing you do not have any extensive experience in windows deployments, I was of course asking about how the check was made regarding KB2670838 and not how Kodi checks for its own updates which would have been quite lollish!
(2019-11-23, 21:30)furhat Wrote: misunderstood my question
Being tactful; I think I understood your question, but for a thread marked solved and a Kodi iteration of 17x and without being officious, suggesting a new thread post might be in order and instead of diving into development issues when this issue has been supplanted with Matrix if you want to be on the same page as the developers.
(2019-11-24, 01:50)PatK Wrote:
(2019-11-23, 21:30)furhat Wrote: misunderstood my question
Being tactful; I think I understood your question, but for a thread marked solved and a Kodi iteration of 17x and without being officious, suggesting a new thread post might be in order and instead of diving into development issues when this issue has been supplanted with Matrix if you want to be on the same page as the developers. 

AFAIK my three windows 7 computers all have the same issue as late as 18.5 release so obviously the issue is not solved unless you call a workaround for solution. Having to set compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2 means that the pre-check is faulty since the update required is obviously installed and I would like to investigate this.
(2019-12-02, 13:28)furhat Wrote: my three windows 7 computers
Microsoft will only support Windows 7 with security patches until January 14, 2020. That's the “end of support” or “end of life” (EOL) date. After this date, Windows 7 will technically leave “extended support and with that, the team leaves the room.

referencing @Karellen 

All the assistance we can offer is contained in this thread.

I suggest reading the thread. A good place to start is Post#241 and onwards.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.x Installation problem with KB2670838 Win7 x643