Win Windows Store Update Error Ox80070216
Windows 10 64 bit. Have 17.1 installed. Downloads update, but get Error 0x80070216 when it tries to install. Tried several times, same issue. Cleared Store cache, same error
Hi,
The app is not available to Launch, but requires an update. When I select the update it ends with an error (code 0x80070216). Can anyone suggest how to successfully achieve the update or, alternatively, allow the ap to be launched as before?
Many thanks.
Same here: W10 64, download update, Error 0x80070216. Cleaned everything I could clean with no results
Same here. Also having error 0x80070005 for other apps in Windows Store.
Not our problem. Call Microsoft
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Same problem here. Trying to update from v17.1RC1 to 17.1final.
W10 64, cleared Windows Store cash.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
(2017-03-22, 17:41)Martijn Wrote: Not our problem. Call Microsoft
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So the reports all over the internet about issues with all Microsoft online services haven't clued anybody in??

No, it's not installing <insert app name here> so therefore it must be <insert app name here>'s fault...
Well, to be fair many users may not realize MS has had massive web issues today. Stuff happens.

scott s.
(2017-03-22, 19:59)Martijn Wrote:

So it depends from MS if the app doesn't install after downloading, while every other app in Windows Store updates regularly? Must I think MS is boicotting Kodi?
I remember the same issue occurred when 17.1 RC1 was released last month, and it was solved (not by MS, AFAIK) after a couple of days...
I am getting this error too. I think it might be a problem with the Kodi windows store package only when upgrading. I was able to get it installed by uninstalling 17.0 first then installing 17.1. But if you try and upgrade, this error always pops up.
It seems that this is not an Kodi issue, as some people also having problems updating other apps. See: Microsoft Answer Site
I'm glad this was posted here because I am having the same issue. Glad to know it's not just me.

I assumed installing Kodi via the Win Store would solve my problem (read: laziness) or having to remember to see if there was a new version of Kodi released and manually install it.

Now it looks like I should have just gone the manual route instead of the "easy" route

Typical of an incompetent developer, blame everyone else, then go back to your Minecraft game. YOURS is the ONLY app that is having this problem, it's YOUR fault. I realize millenials are averse to accepting blame, but try it for once, be an innovator
(2017-03-23, 11:47)Puncher4444 Wrote: It seems that this is not an Kodi issue, as some people also having problems updating other apps. See: Microsoft Answer Site

Not having this problem on ANY of my other apps on two computers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Store Update Error Ox800702161