[WINDOWS] Random video playback freezing - Im lost
Hi guys
I have been trying to figure this out but it is out of my league.
I run windows 10 PC i5 as my kodi server
Since I switched to new kodi I have been having video random video freezing issues.
I have tried clean install but it seems the same

Uploaded my debug log to pastbin here

I run all my media from smb ( NAS Synology DS415play) on my network ( all wired)

I noticed that some times video stops and sound keeps going and sometimes all stops. When I hit Win key on my remote and windows start menu pops on my screen video unfreezes but if I hide the menu freezing comes back.
Ensure you have the latest driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=81499

Looks like a lot going on, nothing is standing out. Without disturbing your present install, if you would load up a 'portable' http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable installation with the default skin and pick a troublesome video to play locally from your hard drive and play that combination. I suspect that some of the 'extras' are not fully Kodi 17.1 compatible (upgrade to the release 17.1) It will take a bit of effort to reveal the issue, but this method will exclude present local hardware.
Thank you for your reply
I will try your approach

After I did clean install I only installed Arctic Zephyr skin and no additional plugins or anything else.

(2017-03-25, 20:07)PatK Wrote: Ensure you have the latest driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=81499

Looks like a lot going on, nothing is standing out. Without disturbing your present install, if you would load up a 'portable' http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable installation with the default skin and pick a troublesome video to play locally from your hard drive and play that combination. I suspect that some of the 'extras' are not fully Kodi 17.1 compatible (upgrade to the release 17.1) It will take a bit of effort to reveal the issue, but this method will exclude present local hardware.
The pastebin was showing scanning, and multiple skins/add-ons loading up and many background tasks. Next pastebin run debug logging silent curtail the scanniing, wait for an issue, then post. But I believe you'll see the portable install runs like a dream.
So I did as you recommended and I fallowed wiki instructions for portable install of kodi on my USB drive.
Then I added two of my NAS drives with movies through SMB and they got updated with covers.
After 50min playing movie it happened again. Movie stopped but sound continued to go for 15sec then I stopped. I hit the WIN key on my remote and windows start menu came up. Once that happened movie resumed (it looked like it hot fast forwarded 5-10sec )

No skins or plugins were installed

Happened again but this time froze and sound continued but when I hit the windows menu (winkey) kodi crashed

(2017-03-25, 20:43)PatK Wrote: The pastebin was showing scanning, and multiple skins/add-ons loading up and many background tasks. Next pastebin run debug logging silent curtail the scanniing, wait for an issue, then post. But I believe you'll see the portable install runs like a dream.
(2017-03-25, 20:07)PatK Wrote: Portable installation with the default skin and pick a troublesome video to play locally from your hard drive and play that combination. I suspect that some of the 'extras' are not fully Kodi 17.1 compatible (upgrade to the release 17.1) It will take a bit of effort to reveal the issue, but this method will exclude present local hardware.
Could be a network issue, debug log of that portable pls log (wiki)
I will, right now Im testing gotham since all my problems started after kodi upgrade ( but I also upgraded my NAS from Dlink to Synology and moved my NAS from direct connection to modem/router so now it sits after modem/router -> router -> NAS)

This process of elimination is painfully slow

I do appreciate your help

(2017-03-26, 19:05)PatK Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 20:07)PatK Wrote: Portable installation with the default skin and pick a troublesome video to play locally from your hard drive and play that combination. I suspect that some of the 'extras' are not fully Kodi 17.1 compatible (upgrade to the release 17.1) It will take a bit of effort to reveal the issue, but this method will exclude present local hardware.
Ok here's a log I hope you can figure this out Sad

It froze my screen again and after few sec. kodi crashed msg poped up

pastebin kodi log

thanks

(2017-03-26, 19:05)PatK Wrote:
Most of your errors of of this nature "hardware accelerator failed to decode picture", Supported hardware (wiki) Kodi will run on most graphics cards made within the last 10-years or so, though for good hardware video decoding support a little newer graphics cards can be required. Intel GMA X4500HD (G45) or newer. You did have a few issues with networking, to eliminate that, set-up a local source, try software rendering without DXVA.
That is strange. I have been running xmbc on this rig for a while now. I never had an issue with Gotham. Isn't my hardware powerful enough ?

This is my hardware:
ASRock Z77E-ITX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
HyperX 3K 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
It's not so much a question of power enough, but the routines that are supported in the o/s for your graphic drivers. Gotham utilized directx9 features while Krypton is solid in the directx11 routines, so it becomes a question of implementation of those routines and support from the hardware manufactures. A comparison between my challenged 8 year old raedon and your graphics engine. http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php...770-1024mb
Got it. So most likely it is a directx issue with my mb/integrated video card and kodi.
I htpc is build in fanless case (http://www.streacom.com/products/fc8-alp...s-chassis/) so my powersupply and cpu is cooled by copper within the case. Do you think if I add fanless dedicated video card (ASUS Graphics Cards GT730-2GD3-CSM) my directx issues will go away and kodi should be stable ?

(2017-04-08, 18:18)PatK Wrote: It's not so much a question of power enough, but the routines that are supported in the o/s for your graphic drivers. Gotham utilized directx9 features while Krypton is solid in the directx11 routines, so it becomes a question of implementation of those routines and support from the hardware manufactures. A comparison between my challenged 8 year old raedon and your graphics engine. http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php...770-1024mb
Hi again

I went and bought a dedicated video card ASUS Graphics Cards GT730-2GD3-CSM and exactly the same issue is happening on Kodi. I also tested Gotham and runs just fine. Any thoughts ? I appreciate you help

(2017-04-08, 18:18)PatK Wrote: It's not so much a question of power enough, but the routines that are supported in the o/s for your graphic drivers. Gotham utilized directx9 features while Krypton is solid in the directx11 routines, so it becomes a question of implementation of those routines and support from the hardware manufactures. A comparison between my challenged 8 year old raedon and your graphics engine. http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php...770-1024mb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Random video playback freezing - Im lost1