Win Kodi 17 not running on HP Laptop
Installed Kodi 16 on my Windows 10 hp laptop DV7 and it worked fine. Tried to install Kodi 17 on the laptop and it would not run. When I click on the icon i get the wait circle for several seconds and then nothing. Task manager shows it is not running. Tried Kodi 17 on my old Dell desktop just to test and at works fine. However, I need and want it on my laptop. Is this because of new hardware requirements for Kodi 17? If so any ideas what I can do? If it is not hardware then what can i do?
We'll probable need a debug log to be able to give you a solution, see http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy#If_y...hese_steps if you can't enable it from within Kodi.
If you installed Kodi 17 on top of the previous version it sometimes takes a looooooong time (hours) to update so you just might need to wait for it to finish updating the database, That is if you have 1000's of movies and/or songs.

Alternatively you can remove Kodi 16 before upgrading. If that doesn't work, it's more than likely that your profile contains something that Kodi17 doesn't like very much but we'll need a debug log to see.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
If your laptop is like mine (a fairly old dv7) and has nVidia and Intel video. Give this a try. Snag the latest drivers from nVidia. Then install them. When it comes up for 'clean install' pick that option. My win10 upgrade somehow bungled up my nvidia drivers. When I was using 16 it would act rather flaky until I did that.

Also try launching it as using the intel chipset instead. You should be able to right click on the icon and pick.

Also debug log like ph-sym said if that does not work.
I'd put money on this being yet another Addons27.db problem. Symptoms match.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 not running on HP Laptop1