• 5(current)
Win Issues with Kodi 17.6 / Leia 18.2 : Calibration Video settings not used on restart
No, check post #28.
Fix is somewhere in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12377, but that can't be backported to Krypton.
Ok, finaly, thanks for the information.
So, i'll stay with 16.1 in that case, skip Krypton and wait for Leia.
(2017-11-09, 11:23)jpsdr Wrote: Ok, finaly, thanks for the information.
So, i'll stay with 16.1 in that case, skip Krypton and wait for Leia.
 I am running Kodi on Win10 HTPC having "blank TV" issue every time I  tune my AV AMP to Kodi input.
Since I do not have a keyboard in this device I am forced to restart PC using Kore, and restart loses video calibration.

This was making me nuts until I found this thread. For a while I thought of going back to 15.2 (my last stable version),
but then I tried this:

create a script to Win startup:

:START
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\kodi.exe"
TIMEOUT /T 15 /NOBREAK
goto START

Now I am able to fix "blank TV" issue with Kore using simple Quit-command. After 15 secs Kodi starts, video ccalibration is OK
because it gets lost only during restart of the system.

So now I need to do video calibration only after MS system updates.

Let's hope Leia solves both issues.
I'm not sure if my problem is exactly the same as the OP but I have noticed that Krypton doesn't save video settings properly. If I change the pixel ratio on a TV episode and then stop playback, if I watch the same episode again the pixel ratio is reverted back to default. The ratio isn't saved. In previous versions this used to save on a file to file basis. Same behaviour for the other settings as well.

Strangely however, "Video calibration..." settings do save. Sadly the pixel ratio adjustment in "Video calibration..." don't go far enough to fully fix the ratio on horizontally stretched files.
Issue is back again, tested both KodiSetup-20180716-c1baaddb-master-x86 and kodi-18.0-Leia_alpha2-x86... Sad
The issue was fixed in KodiSetup-20170725-0d55e122bb-master-x86 (as was explained in post #62), but now, it's back again.
Tested with the oldest i could find : KodiSetup-20180608-ba9c207d-master-x86, but issue was still back on it too.
My problem is that thinking issue was fixed once for all, i've updated confluence and langage addons to last leia version. Of course, when i've tried to "simply" rool back to 16.1, everything was screwed.
I have to figure out out to revert to 16.1. I'll try to remove the addons in "user space", and install "old jarvis" version back.
Also another setting not used on restart : The resample algorithm for the video, the one you choose while playing the video (accessing menu with "M"). If i select for example "lanczos3 - optimised", said i want to apply it on all video format, exit Kodi, restart it, play the same video, check, the setting is not "lanczos3 - optimised" anymore.
(2018-07-19, 22:55)jpsdr Wrote: Of course, when i've tried to "simply" rool back to 16.1, everything was screwed.
I have to figure out out to revert to 16.1. I'll try to remove the addons in "user space", and install "old jarvis" version back.
One thing that Kodi isn't, is backwards compatible. If you need to roll back, get a hold of your backups.
You can also install Kodi in Windows in portable mode (Leia at least), keeping the profile folder close to the application.
Sadly, I'm facing this issue as well and now I'm here... glad that I'm not alone, but sad that this is actually an issue.

The problem for me is that I can probably live with KODI resetting the video screen offset values (0,0), as those are just 2 pixels off on my TV. The most irritating part is subtitle location offset resets as well. I have lot of non-english Asian movies and Anime, I prefer to keep subtitles slightly higher (940px) from the default values (1042px) as it's easier to read them from peripheral vision without solely focusing on them. But KODI doesn't seem to save any of the video calibration values as it gets reset every time KODI is restarted.
Is there a link where i can get all the nightly build between KodiSetup-20170725-0d55e122bb-master-x86 and Leia Alpha 2 ?
This will allow me to figure out exactly when this feature has been broken, and with this, you'll be able to see exactly what commit has broken it, and how to fix it.
No, nightly builds are auto delete after 40 days.
Ah... Bad news... Sad
Does it work in Leia Alpha 1?
It took me a little while to find it, but after testing, yes !! It works on Alpha 1 Rofl
So maybe, i'll be finaly be able to upgrade from 16.1 to Leia Alpha 1.
I have a lot of no regression tests to make with all my video tests files, but if everything is ok, i'll be able to upgrade.
So, actualy, the situation is :
- Works on Alpha 1.
- Doesn't work on Alpha2 and Alpha 3.

EDIT : BTW, even if i can eventualy update to Alpha 1, i think it could be nice if issue was fixed... Wink
I had a look at all our mirrors and found one which looks misconfigured (doesn't sync the deletion of files from us). It is http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/nig...64/master/ respectively http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/nig...32/master/.

So please identify which nightly is the first non working one.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with Kodi 17.6 / Leia 18.2 : Calibration Video settings not used on restart2