Alpha SMB2 support
I need to access a SMB host which requires SMB version 2 and I can access by the command "smbclient -m SMB2".

But the latest KODI using SMB protocol by default.And open error.
I see KODI code that open SMB2 file using smbc_open() function which called from libsmbclient in samba-gplv3(tools/depends/target/samba-gplv3) .
How could I access the host using SMB version 2?
Could the latest libsmbclient support the SMB2?
If support ,could I exchange the libsmbclient by the latest libsmbclient that supported the SMB2?
Hi,

I have the same need, due to WannaCry ransomware one of the best practises are disabling SMB1.

I did that in my NAS and like gaolegao3 explained I am not able to reach from Kodi anymore.

What I changed in my NAS Server (/etc/samba/smb.conf):

min protocol=NT1
max protocol=SMB3

to

min protocol=SMB2
max protocol=SMB3

If I use smbclient with -mNT1 before I could connect but now I can't (as expected).

It seems Kodi is using NT1 by default and not checking my /etc/samba/smb.conf settings.

(Tested from a Raspberry Pi with a RetroPie distro).

Best Regards,
Pepelu
your nas is not vulnerable, just pointing the obvious thing if you didn't know. Smile
See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314350
Thank you both for the fast response.

I know the NAS is not vulnerable but I wanted to remove such an old SMB revision not having old OS's at home.

@Koying, your link pointed me into the right direction for a solution, thanks to Milhouse Team-Kodi Member:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2586470

I can confirm his solution works in my RetroPie, so I only needed to add the following into /home/pi/.smb/smb.conf :

Code:
client max protocol = SMB3

Now I get no timeout, connection is established and I can see it done as SMB3_00 in my NAS.

Thanks again and Best Regards!
Pepelu
Doesn't work on Android version though.
(2017-05-17, 15:13)Luke M Wrote: Doesn't work on Android version though.

We are currently not able to ship a new enough version of samba on android which supports SMB2 and SMB3 protocol.
(2017-05-18, 11:16)Rechi Wrote:
(2017-05-17, 15:13)Luke M Wrote: Doesn't work on Android version though.

We are currently not able to ship a new enough version of samba on android which supports SMB2 and SMB3 protocol.

Any news about this ?
Samba 4.1.23 is used since 23rd May for v18 nightlies, which supports SMB2 and SMB3.
(2017-10-26, 18:07)bl4ke Wrote:
(2017-05-18, 11:16)Rechi Wrote:
(2017-05-17, 15:13)Luke M Wrote: Doesn't work on Android version though.

Any news about this ? 
(2017-12-10, 15:01)Shira Wrote:
(2017-10-26, 18:07)bl4ke Wrote:
(2017-05-18, 11:16)Rechi Wrote: We are currently not able to ship a new enough version of samba on android which supports SMB2 and SMB3 protocol. 

Any news about this ? 

Huh Read above your post and install v18 nightly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
v18 doesn't work

edit: nvm, v18 "works" but you must add the share manually first
SMB2 (and 3) doesn't support browsing for the source - you have to set it manually
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-10, 17:19)DarrenHill Wrote: SMB2 (and 3) doesn't support browsing for the source - you have to set it manually
So basically Kodi is useless at this point - the *only* thing I care about is being able to play my BD/DVD discs from my comp to my TV without having the hassle (and expense) of a stand alone BD player.  I couldn't care less about any streaming crap.  *I* didn't set up my Kodi, it was done for me by a friend.  If you have complex folder names/paths, setting them up manually is *ridiculous*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB2 support1