v18 Kodi should show a list of tv shows/movies/episodes it did not recognize
Many times, after adding some tv shows or movies, I notice that Kodi does not recognizes them. It would be cool if there is a way to say "hey kodi, tell me all the videos/tv shows/episodes/movies you did not recognize?".
see addon 'missing movies scanner'
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The missing movies scanner has a big flaw though..

I have my whole NAS as source for example, and only added the "content: movies / tv" flags to the folders that are supposed to be added in the database.

I do it this way to make it possible to still browse all the other folders (which might contain documentaries, music videos, or... stuff that does not belong in the database)... the issue is that the missing movies scanner scans the whole source (and as much as I know can't be turned to only scan the folders with content flags), so it gives me >50k false positives if I use it that way...

I switched over to Plex, but for others, this might also be an issue.
Well there is no fixing such a screwed up setup.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I still believe it should be part of Kodi. The good thing about kodi is how it recognizes and presents the tv shows/movies, so this is a core functionality. I searched and couldn't find the add-on, even though you tell me it existed.
Kodi includes what is required to make a movie player. We can't included every bit of functionality in core code. Some will inevitably be left optional, both to keep the core code as light as possible, and so people have choice.

If you use the web forum (as opposed to Tapatalk) there is a search button at the top of the page, which finds the forum thread about the add-on.
There is already such a list in kodi. See action log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-04-05, 04:15)nickr Wrote: Kodi includes what is required to make a movie player. We can't included every bit of functionality in core code. Some will inevitably be left optional, both to keep the core code as light as possible, and so people have choice.

If you use the web forum (as opposed to Tapatalk) there is a search button at the top of the page, which finds the forum thread about the add-on.
I understand what you are saying, but managing of files/episodes/movies is what makes Kodi great. If it was just a movie player, I would be using VLC or MPC.
How much code can a take a function that logs somewhere the failed to recognize movies/series/folders?

(2017-04-05, 06:46)Martijn Wrote: There is already such a list in kodi. See action log
I would take a look. Thanks.
(2017-04-07, 05:15)kwanbis Wrote: How much code can a take a function that logs somewhere the failed to recognize movies/series/folders?
Obviously more code than you are prepared to contribute.
(2017-04-07, 08:37)nickr Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 05:15)kwanbis Wrote: How much code can a take a function that logs somewhere the failed to recognize movies/series/folders?
Obviously more code than you are prepared to contribute.
I have no idea what Kodi's source looks like, what is it written on, etc. But I don't believe this could be so difficult as the most difficult part, the scrapping, is done already:

Pseudocode:

Open notfoundlog at %desktop%\NotFound.txt
if movie not found write name_of_file to notfoundlot
close notfoundlog

This is a very rough code, but it shouldn't be much more complicated. But hey, I might be wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi should show a list of tv shows/movies/episodes it did not recognize0