Linux Kodi having problem after I upgraded to a 4K Samsung TV.
Hi

I have just bought a new Samsung 6000 series 4K TV. However it started turn my life upside down. First, my receiver is not able to pass thru 4K video. Second, my ASUS chromebox running Kodi version 6.0.0 is not able to output to my Samsung TV even with direct connection.

I am going to tackle my second problem. I had a duo boot OS for my ASUS chromebox, i.e. Chrome OS & KODI Version 6.0.0. No matter which OS I booted from, my new Samsung 6000 series 4K TV will not detect/display from ASUS chromebox. In order to solve the problem, first I have to disconnect the HDMI cable between TV and chromebox. Once it is booted, I then connect the HDMI cable. Sometime the TV will detect Kodi, but sometime it will not.

Is my Kodi for Linux ? I am not sure why my Kodi version is 6.0.0 and it seems to be very outdated. I follow the installation process from here - http://kodi.wiki/view/chromebox
Everything is OK until I replaced the TV. I hope I can find a solution here. Thanks in advance for the help.
1.) there is no KODI 6.0.0.
Do you mean OpenElec or LibreElec?
2.) Does it work if you connect directly to TV AND the TV is running before you boot?
3.) Debug Log
im as confused as you are mate
(2017-04-03, 14:38)wsnipex Wrote: 1.) there is no KODI 6.0.0.
Do you mean OpenElec or LibreElec?
2.) Does it work if you connect directly to TV AND the TV is running before you boot?
3.) Debug Log

1) I think it is OpenElec 6.0.0, after I did some research yesterday.
2) If I connect directly to the TV, it will not work and the TV was running before I boot. I don't have this problem with my old TV or any PC monitor I connect to. The problem is with 4K TV
3) I will get a log file later

Thanks for looking at my problem.
I cant see why switching tv's would be a problem, your tv dosent have an hdmi port for use exclusively with 4k inputs that your using does it just a mad guess idea btw as my tv has this but it also works with any input but maybe yours is different?
(2017-04-04, 15:03)Derek Wrote: I cant see why switching tv's would be a problem, your tv dosent have an hdmi port for use exclusively with 4k inputs that your using does it just a mad guess idea btw as my tv has this but it also works with any input but maybe yours is different?

There is not problem at all with my old TV.
The new 4k TV just cannot detect chromebox. Basically I need to unplug the hdmi cable to let the chromebox run first, then connect HDMI cable to the TV.

I am not sure if the old KODI version 6.0.0 could be the problem and it cannot synchronise with 4K TV
Has zero to do with Kodi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi having problem after I upgraded to a 4K Samsung TV.0