Kodi in Singapore
Hi, I am due to go to Singapore for a number of months and I was wondering if I took my UK amazon fire stick with Kodi installed whether it would work in Singapore in the same way?

And if not what would I need to do to be able to use it there?

Appreciate your help
Kodi will work just fine - if the piracy add-ons you're likely refering to with your question (given you don't seem to know what Kodi actually is and does, otherwise you wouldn't have asked) will also work, I have no idea. Kodi does not provide any content and is nothing more than a "dumb" media player that can be extended via add-ons. It's the add-ons that grab the content from the internet and feed them into Kodi
Maybe a different plug, i dunno.
Kodi will work the same way anywhere, for local content anyway.

\edit got a phonecall and returned to see da-anda beat me to it
Nope, it's the same three-pin plug as well Smile
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Thanks everyone, yep understand what it is, and understand it's the add ons. I guess my question should have been more can I plug and play my amazon stick and use the Kodi and add ons in Singapore in exactly the same way I do here in the UK.

Appreciate the advice on the plug as well!
I guess without a VPN your UK based addons might not work there, IplayerWWW being the prime example
I'm pretty certain that TVs in Singapore will also have a HDMI and USB socket, so that you can plug your FireStick. If your FireStick will boot into the Amazon home screen or just become a brick (because it can't reach the Amazon servers), I have no idea. Try and find out. Kodi itself will work, if you manage to launch it. If the add-ons will work, also depends on geo blocking and whatever internet restrictions there will be

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi in Singapore0