Media "info" not available on moved items.
Question 
Hello,

I have several cases of moved files (movies) from one NAS location to another where there is no option to scan the item or view the info page. I see the file name and when I right click there is no Movie info option..
The only error I can see in the log that seems relative is the following:

09:06:51.762 T:4016 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting \
09:19:14.414 T:3276 ERROR: Previous line repeats 25 times.

These items were previously scanned and added to the DB correctly.

One example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/it5try2y1ipx2v...M.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hukmznuyhwy0ny...1.PNG?dl=0
When a file is moved from one physical location to another, the internal Kodi library path is no longer correct and the meta-data is not found. The movie would have to be re-scraped (if the meta-data was exported to separate files, the re-scrape would be local and quick). At this point, it sounds like you have lost the library listings for the select files you moved, file mode allows you to see the file (artwork might show) and even play it.
Hello and sorry for the delay.. (I was away for some time).

After enabling the debug log I can see that when trying to fetch the info of the file Kodi tries to:
10:55:35.763 T:4180 DEBUG: CInputManager::OnKey: i (0xf049) pressed, action is Info
10:55:35.768 T:4180 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (smb://192.168.xx.xx/!Sci-Fi/xxx.mkv), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=17441
10:55:35.775 T:4180 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (smb://192.168.xx.xx/!Sci-Fi/xxx.mkv), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=17441
10:55:35.776 T:4180 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x17, sym: 0x0069, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0

After trying to query mysql for the idFile=17441 ("sql cmd not allowed") or the movie itself with the c00 field I can find no entry..

Beforing moving it it was exported (multiple files +nfo). When I try now to scan for new content it finds nothing. Is there a way to force detection for these items??
You don't detail how you are scanning... Are you just selecting Update Library? Try this...

Go to Videos>Files>Your Source.
Navigate to the Movie
Select "Information"
If it is not in the library, it will begin to scrape the title. If you have local nfo, then answer NO when it asks to "Ignore and scrape from Internet"

Also, don't forget to delete your old movie entries from the library, otherwise you will have two listings for the same movie.
The problem is that the "Information" option is not available (missing on the right click popup, 2nd screenshot on the original post) on that items and when I press "I" on the keyboard to force the action I get nothing, just the above entries on the log file (previous post).
have you ran clean database? try that.
And you might want to provide a debug log as instructed here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

After "enabling" debugging, restart Kodi, update library then Post Log.
I clean the DB every couple of weeks..

I created a partial log file (full is 160MB+) and replaced some file name info..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xjo5l9022517l...1.log?dl=0

Near the end of the file, line 3184+ you can see the attempts to fetch one the specific files info page.

This log from my Nvidia Shield. I have the same behavior from my windows 8 machine..
The library is on MySql. I also use multipaths.
Items had previously been exported (multiple files + nfos). Is it possible that the issue has to do with the nfo file??
Whenever you move your data (or if you have attached USB drives that lose their driver order in Windows), you need to perform 3 steps in Kodi.

1. Update your Database in Kodi.
2. Clean your Database in Kodi.
3. Update your Database again.

So there are a couple of assumptions to the above...

1. The New location is already part of your Shared environment in Kodi. For example, if you were sharing 2 USB drives (drives E:\Movies and F:\Movies1) in Windows, and their drive letters got changed (because Windows does that sometimes) to (G:\Movies and H:\Movies1). The above three steps would fix any issues with the Media listing in Kodi.

2. However, if you have a new location (in your case a new NAS), that wasn't setup originally in Kodi as a location for your Movies, the three steps above would not work. You should be able to fix this, by adding your new NAS source to Kodi and making the location to containing Movies. Then perform the three steps above and it should fix your issue.

3. If neither of the above work, then you need to remove your Movies sources and re-add them back into Kodi.

Hope this helps you.
I will try and report!
Well Update + Clean fixes nothing.

But I found out the issue ONLY occurs in the cases where the Source is multipathed with more that 2 paths (in all the cases).
In the below case ALL the problematic ones reside on the 3rd path "smb://192.168.178.30/HDMovies10/!Sci-Fi":
<source>
<name>Sci-Fi</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.178.30/HDMovies6/Sci-Fi/</path>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.178.20/hdmovies2/!Sci-Fi/</path>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.178.30/HDMovies10/!Sci-Fi/</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>

So I think that it may be some kind of multipath related bug!
Or maybe it has to do with the "!" you put in the 3rd one.

smb://192.168.178.30/HDMovies6/Sci-Fi
smb://192.168.178.30/HDMovies10/!Sci-Fi

Never a good idea to use special characters for folder names (or filenames, etc) as it can cause issues. Try renaming it (smb://192.168.178.30/HDMovies10/Sci-Fi, and then perform the Update, Clean, Update again.
Further reading about Samba issues with special characters can be found here...

https://serverfault.com/questions/124611...-filenames

Plenty of links in there to get further info.

So my suggestion, is remove all the special characters from Folders and Filenames to avoid any issues.

So for that second path (smb://192.168.178.20/hdmovies2/!Sci-Fi/) I would remove the " ! " in that as well (and any others you might have).
The thing is that most of my paths have the ! char but the problem occurs only when there are more than 2 paths.!
Damn, should have posted at the end...

In Before the "but all my paths have the ! in them, and it has worked in the past..."

I just found the issue for you, if you wish to follow the solution or not is up to you. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media "info" not available on moved items.0