Win Kodi 17.1
Hi, I am running Kodi 17.1 for Windows 7 and when I try to run Video addons it crashes I get a "SWresample-2.dll" Error and it bounces me out of Kodi. I am batting my head against a wall here. I am running an AMD 8 core processor with 8 gig of ram and 1T hard Drive. I have tried replacing the SWresample.dll file, no luck. Thanx
Which video add-ons?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
It doesn't matter what Addon all Addons cause this problem. I just can't get to the bottom of this any help would be great.
Yeah. Not going anywhere but to the bottom of the trash bin unless you provide some legitimate information.
Next post from you please provide a debug log (wiki) or this goes bye bye
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Sorry guys I am verry new at this, I put my 3 log files in my Paste Bin account.... https://pastebin.com/u/wild-bill65
I hope this helps and sorry for any confusion.
Oops...code has been compromised, pay specific attention to message #4 "script.areswizard".

Time for a real clean-out re: fresh-start, or portable install.
Ok I have done a fresh start the last 3 times a did a complete removal every aspect of Kodi and did reinstall and same problem keeps happening. I remove the complete files of Kodi and all data files. I know doing it again will not give me any relief.. I am stumped here
windows fresh start -> delete C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

Another debug log please.
(2017-05-03, 19:58)wild-bill65 Wrote: Ok I have done a fresh start the last 3 times a did a complete removal every aspect of Kodi and did reinstall and same problem keeps happening. I remove the complete files of Kodi and all data files. I know doing it again will not give me any relief.. I am stumped here

I am stumped as well. If you have done a full uninstall, you won't have installed the areswizard mentioned in @PatK's post. Only two possibilities...

1. You are not fully uninstalling Kodi. Confirm you have deleted at appdata\roaming\kodi
or
2. You downloaded Kodi from another site. Download Kodi install file from this site.
@PatK... Thanks Wink
I did as instructed a complete removal and remove the highlighted directories which I have removed every time I have done the reinstall. Here are my logs, as expected doing the same thing.. Thankx....Bill....https://pastebin.com/u/wild-bill65
You still have aresproject installed.
Yes I still have Ares Project installed as this does the same thing with it installed or uninstalled. I just don't get it I was thinking maybe an AMD video driver issue but the drivers have not changed since this problem cropped up. As Kodi used to work fine, then one day this problem reared it ugly head and won't go away....I will take it out an again post a new set of logs and see if something shows up....
Hi wild-bill65,

Understand your thought process.

Just a heads-up. The forum rules don't allow assistance when there are banned add-ons present on the installation. Installing these 3rd party add-ons/wizards/builds/repositories actually modifies the original Kodi code, thus complicating and increasing the potential sources of errors.
Totally understand Karellan I did realized that one was a banned one. I know my newness to this is no excuse. I will try to replicate the problem with only the legal ones. I gotcha...many thankx.....Bill....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.10