SMB shares not working in Windows 10 on EzeeCube
I have an 8TB WD My Book connected to my Windows 10 desktop via USB. On it I have a Media folder, and inside are folders that are named the same as the ones on my EzeeCube (TV Shows, Movies, Cartoons, etc). The Media folder is shared with "Everyone" on my network. I have gone onto my kodi box (an EzeeCube), and went under Videos > Files and added each folder as an additional source. So for TV Shows, I already had it pointing to the folder on my EzeeCube with TV Shows, and I added the second TV Shows folder as an smb share. I did that with all the others as well.

Now comes the problem: If I navigate under Videos and Files, everything is accessible and I can watch content from both locations. However, the Libraries don't get updated correctly, or at all. If I go under TV Shows, I only see what is on the local drive; same with Movies. Sometimes if I go under Cartoons, I will see stuff from both locations, but that's only sometimes. And once the library updater runs, it seems to crash the database. I'll get the ugly Files view for all my library locations. I have to turn off the EzeeCube and turn it back on to get the database back and the nice UI again, and it undoes any changes to the home screen that I had made at the same time (using Aeon Nox 5: Redux, so I have some custom menu items).

Would I be better off connecting the drive to my router as a network drive? I am sharing photos and music from my Windows 10 desktop, but they are on an internal hard drive and not an external connected by USB.

For those curious, the EzeeCube is Linux-based.
So I connected the drive to my Bell Whole Home modem/router. That didn't work because the thing won't recognize anything over 2TB. So then I connected the drive directly to my EzeeCube, and it wouldn't mount. Turns out the drive was formatted as exFAT. So I took everything off the drive, formatted it to NTFS, put everything back, and started again. The problem when I tried to connect via smb. The router still wouldn't recognize it. So I connected it back up to m EzeeCube. The drive mounted automatically. So I added the folders as additional sources, but again, as soon as the Library updates, the UI goes away and I am looking at the file view.

What the f*** is going on? Why can't kodi just work? I am starting to regret getting a kodi box and not sticking with my WD TV Live. With the amount of time I have spent dicking around with kodi, trying to get it to work properly, I could have downloaded thumbnails and all that other crap to get the WD UI to look half decent.

Can anyone tell me how to stop the library updater from killing the UI and reverting back to file view? This doesn't give me hope that kodi will be a good solution for me when I eventually get a NAS and have everything on it.
Ok, calm down. No-one really cares if you go back to your outdated WD TV Live, but keep it civil.

No-one can tell you anything until you provide a debug log using the "easy" method.. Instructions here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

The debug log records all the operations Kodi performs while starting and running. When it crashes, it will record right up to the crash. With that log, members here can advise you on the problem.

Providing the debug log is the first step to solve the problem.

When you reply with your log, also explain what you are trying to achieve with two souces named exactly the same. Are we also to understand they have exactly the same content as well. So you have two copies of every movie?
My apologies, but I have found the whole kodi experience pretty frustrating.

Here is the log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24451982/

For some reason it's still looking for the smb shares even though I removed those. The library updater gets to about 77% before the disappears and goes to the files view.

The 2TB drive in the EzeeCube was setup up to keep media files in the /internal_disk/ezee/files/ folder. There I added additional folders for kids stuff, OwnCloud, etc.. If I map the EzeeCube as a network drive in Windows, it maps to \\EZEECUBE\Media, where I only see the default folders that were already there.

With my external drive, I made a folder called Media because that's what the stuff is, and instead of sharing 4 or five different folders, I could share one and have all the sub-folders automatically shared (I did read up about sharing and how sharing the root of a drive isn't good). And the folders inside the Media folder have the same names because it's the same kind of content: TV Shows, Movies, Cartoons, etc). However, they do not contain duplicate files. They contain different content that does not fit on the internal 2TB disk.

Is it a problem that the parent folders are named the same? Here is an example of the paths for the cartoons when I edit the video source:

Internal drive: /media/sda1/media/ezee/files/Cartoons
USB drive: /media/sdb1/Media/Cartoons

This shouldn't be a problem, should it?
You didn't mention anything about MySQL. Are you running a MySQL database and server?
I have no idea. I didn't set it up. Unless it's part of OwnCloud, then it's probably installed with the EzeeCube firmware. I did not install it myself, and I don't even know what it's doing.
Well that explains that.
But it doesn't explain the problem I am having, at least not to me.

I have photos and music being shared from my Windows 10 desktop on the EzeeCube with no issues. However, for some reason having two sources for the same type of content is causing a problem.

EDIT: I found a video on YouTube from the EzeeCube founder on how to add an external drive to the EzeeCube, which involves connecting to the EzeeCube via SSH and using the terminal to create a symbolic link in the home folder to the hard drive, So I am going to follow his steps tonight and see if that works. I don't know if that's a kodi thing or an EzeeCube thing.
A couple of things here:

1) That wasn't a debug log that you posted, please read the link again and enable debug logging
2) I for one have no idea what an EzeeCube is, or what it does, or what its supposed to be.
3) Your advancedsettings file is saying that you are trying to use mySQL to share your libraries... do you actually have a server? Which in this case would be on the same box as the EzeeCube (127.0.0.1)
4) You should probably go seek support from EzeeCube and figure out what exactly it does first.

And to answer your query, you can have lots of sources that have the same content.
http://kodi.wiki/view/EzeeCube

Sorry. I will try again and post the debugging log.

I do not have a server, unless the EzeeCube is acting like one. It comes with an app that will sync all the media on your phone to the EzeeCube. So those 27 selfies you took of yourself while you were out shopping will sync to your EzeeCube when you get home.

I would ask the EzeeCube people for help, but they are not around anymore. I am able to contact the founder, but he hasn't been very responsive as he has moved on, so I don't know if I will get help from him. I will try though.
Ok, so through the Ezeecube firmware or whatever, can you confirm that mySQL is running? Because according to your log you are getting errors with the server not being up.
I'll check it out tonight. I'll go through their instructions on adding an external drive to see if that helps first, then I'll poke around and also post the debug log.

Worse case, I'll do a factory reset.

What I can also do is install kodi on one a Raspberry Pi 3 that I have and see if I run into the same issue. If I don't, then I know it's most likely something with the version running on the EzeeCube.
Okay, here is my log file with debugging turned on:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/24457546/

Sorry about the crap where it's opening flac files from an smb location. I removed the source, but it was still doing it. I guess because it's in the library it's still loading the info.

Anyhow, I mapped the drive as instructed in the video (which now gives me access to it from my mapped drive of the ezeecube - yay!), but the library still crashes. I don't think it's related to the drive after all. It won't even add new files I have added to the EzeeCube itself. So hopefully one of you wizards will know how to fix this. If not, I will try a factory reset. I want to avoid that though because I don't know if that downgrades the firmware or not, and I'm not sure I can upgrade it again now that the EzeeCube people have disappeared.

I went into the add-on browser and checked the dependencies, and there is one called MySQL Connector/Python. It's updated, and apparently running. I can't disable it, and there is nothing in the change log. The description is as follows:

Quote:MySQL Connector/Python is implementing the MySQL Client/Server protocol completely in Python. This means you don't have to compile anything or MySQL (client library) doesn't even have to be installed on the machine.
You have installed Banned add-ons (wiki), so you won't get any support here unless you want to remove them.
Yeah, that's not a problem. I have never actually used any of the add-ons (except for the YouTube one last night for the first time to check my connection), so I have no problem removing them.

OwnCloud is also not working, so I am thinking I will have to do a factory reset anyhow. But before that I will go through the list and remove the offending ones.

Will I have to provide another log showing those add-ons deleted before I get help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB shares not working in Windows 10 on EzeeCube0