Android Beelink GT1 ultimate
I just bought the Beelink GT1 Ultimate, and the pictures seem extremely dark and with no contrast or vibrance.
I that just my box or have anyone else have the same experience, is there a work around for this.
Its more or less unwatchable.!!
If its any consolation you are not the only AMLogic S912 victim....

Beelink GT1 = the worst box for Android Kodi compatibility on the market.

Beelink GT1 Ultimate = the worst box for Android Kodi compatibility on the market - now packed with extra bullshit !

You think I'm making this up ?

As a new user you very likely did not read START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated April 2017)

I'm betting you have been a sucked in by fancy Website marketing and false, made up rubbish reviews.

Known, ongoing issues on all AMLogic S912 boxes except the MINIX U9-H:
(AML S912's were release 7 months ago with most serious issues still not fixed)

- Dark video output due to incorrect colorspace mapping
- No DTS or HD Audio passthrough for Kodi Krypton, due to no IEC Audio support in Firmware
- 99% of them cannot do Kodi dynamic refresh switching
- rubbish Infra Red only remotes.
- early versions of the GT1 had green screen HEVC playback problems and overheated.
- all cheap Android Boxes can only stream in a maximum resolution of 480p for Netflix, HBO, Playstation VUE Apps etc...

All of these are Firmware problems that have nothing to do with Kodi.

Beelink have to fix Firmware issues and from what I've seen they lack the skills or simply cannot be bothered and would rather upsell you more buggy Hardware using some very fancy Website marketing that will make all sorts of Bullshit promises.
This is exactly how they make their money.

"Supported" does not mean it all works. These cheap Android Hardware sellers are nothing better than snake oil salesmen.

See the Beelink support forums for help.
If that all sounds too hard, return the box, or crush it or set it on fire and Youtube it !

Cheap AMLogic Boxes are not recommended for demanding Kodi users. At that end of the market most knowledgable Kodi users are buying AMLogic S905(x) boxes and running a far superior LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on them. Some in a Dual Boot configuration.

BTW: There is no stable version of LibreELEC Kodi for S912 boxes either, due to no Linux GPU drivers available.

All Cheap, AMLogic S912's really are the worst possible Kodi Hardware you can buy.

No i actually watch several youtube reviews, that said it was one of the best boxes on the market.

Yes, some said it was a little dark, but i didn't realize it was this bad.

But i found out that running a 4k video for a few seconds will brighten up the colors, until next boot.
Of cause that is not a stable solution.

I'm also need to look more into this
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...1-ultimate

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mVGfuGvbLQ
This is for beelink gt1 , but maybe it works for ultimate.
And it's why this has been posted in the START HERE thread:

All dirt cheap, unsupported AMLogic boxes with Android Marshmallow 6.0 are rubbish at the moment for semi-serious Android Kodi use. If proper bug busting Firmware updates do not come from the seller (virtually always the case) then expect broken Kodi Passthrough Audio (especially DTS) and Video features. AML S912's have colorspace issues. The included Infra Red only remotes are always terrible.

These cheap Android devices are strictly DIY only.

(2017-04-25, 04:01)wrxtasy Wrote: Beelink GT1 = the worst box for Android Kodi compatibility on the market.

Beelink GT1 Ultimate = the worst box for Android Kodi compatibility on the market - now packed with extra bullshit !

I just had to reply and tell you that you really crack me up sometimes wrxstasy. Thanks for brightening my day a little Rofl
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beelink GT1 ultimate0