New here looking for advice
Hello I wanted to come to this forum for help on understanding Kodi.

My father is going to be stuck in bed after an operation soon, and I would like to make a system so he can watch TV and stuff while he is stuck there.

He has a smart TV (samsung) My question is, am i able to take an external hard drive and install Kodi + all the TV things that i would need?

Or would I be better off buy a box from somewhere? I'm very new to all this so any advice in layman's terms would be helpful.

Ideally I just want to setup a box with all the sky/BT sports channels/Movies etc.

(I apologize if this isn't the correct area to post, again I was rather unsure)

Timecode
(2017-04-25, 13:15)Timecode Wrote: Ideally I just want to setup a box with all the sky/BT sports channels/Movies etc.

Generally speaking you can set up Kodi on the TV if it runs Android, but if not then a box or device of some sort is needed.

Concerning the quoted point, those are subscription channels, that you have to pay for. You cannot legally get them via Kodi, and doing so otherwise is piracy which we do not condone or support and is in violation of our piracy policy (wiki). If you want such services, you need to invest in either a cable or satellite subscription and connect the relevant boxes to the TV as well.

Kodi is a media player and will happily play stuff off the connected HDD. What it is not is a free ticket to subscription sport and movies, or a way to "cut the cable" and still get all the same channels for free.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New here looking for advice0