Win kodi 17+ ass/ssa subtitle renderer is totally broken
Since 17.1 it's been mostly fine for me. The only problem I have is that certain files will straight up kill Kodi, and I'm pretty sure it's related to subtitles as it's always subtitled anime that cause this crash, and a crash causing file will always crash at the same specific time in the file, every time. If I try on a different computer however the same file might not crash Kodi, but a file that is not crashing on the first computer might crash on the second one. It's super weird. This does not happen when I use a DSPlayer build though.

I do think the issue is libass, as this crash sometimes happened in 16 as well, but it's been more frequent in 17.

I don't think Kodi should use xysubfilter though, as it's dead and haven't been updated since 2015.
@techguru please try again with the latest version from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/win32/Krypton/
I have tested with my test file and it works. Kodi now shows all subtitles in different correct fonts and positions. It looks the same like in DSPlayer and VLC.
So i guess it's working now. Thx.
I tried the may 25th nightly...and it doesn't work on my original test file
@techguru I did test it with the file you provided and it seemed to work ok as far as I could tell. Can you try with 17.3 as there's a chance the fix wasn't actually in the build you tested?
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
ok

(2017-05-31, 12:51)Paxxi Wrote: @techguru I did test it with the file you provided and it seemed to work ok as far as I could tell. Can you try with 17.3 as there's a chance the fix wasn't actually in the build you tested?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17+ ass/ssa subtitle renderer is totally broken2