Win How to scrape TV shows (Anime) without changing their filenames?
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, I'm a newbie.

I was wondering if there was a way to find metadata/scrape info without changing the name of the episodes to SxxExx and so on. I can get my folder recognized but not the episodes. I honestly don't wan't to name them as prescribed in the wiki specifically because Cowboy Bebop episodes are called SESSIONS instead of episodes and I 've put a lot of work into renaming many series the way they should be instead of the prescribed SxxExx syntax. I've gone through many threads and posts but none seem to help me out. I would be really grateful if someone would lend me a hand. It's been only a week since I started using Kodi.
Realistically the BEST method is to rename your files. I know I know, countless time spent on naming your stuff, but in the end it's the easiest. I would recommend using an external media manager such as Ember Media Manager to create nfo files for you so it doesn't matter what you name your files as the title will be located in the nfo. I'm not exactly sure how well it does with animes though, as the only ones I have are big named ones and that's maybe a dozen movies.
If you ran linux i'd suggest symbolic links via a simple script since you don't want to actually rename the files but other than doing that i'm unsure sorry, but never think you need to do it manually as theres plenty of tools for doing this or batch files but try Ember as suggested i had problems with it crashing but that was with a huge media DB.
Cowboy Bebop

Season 1

Cowboy Bebop.S01e01 - Asteroid Blues
Cowboy Bebop.S01e02 - Stray Dog Strut
Cowboy Bebop.S01e03 - Honky Tonk Women
Cowboy Bebop.S01e04 - Gateway Shuffle
Cowboy Bebop.S01e05 - Ballad of Fallen Angels-thumb
etc..

Dead easy to rename... using TheRenamer (wiki) drag & drop simple, whole season... at one shot. I put a whole lot of work dragging that mouse across.
Thanks for the suggestions but I want my Code Geass to be detected as two series instead of 2 seasons as R2 is a sequel.

I've tried ember doesn't seem to detect episodes - I just get a null error.

Could somebody help with Regex if possible, got no programming experience.
@PatK you mean "TheRenamer" ;D
(2017-04-29, 07:10)monsieurcooler Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions but I want my Code Geass to be detected as two series instead of 2 seasons as R2 is a sequel.

I've tried ember doesn't seem to detect episodes - I just get a null error.

Could somebody help with Regex if possible, got no programming experience.

You will only get the sorting that is listed at the scraper site... such as TVDB or whatever you use for Anime.

If you want something different to what is listed, then you will need to create nfo files. Simply scrape your show as the two seasons using an nfo program, then edit the nfo's of the second season so it creates the second series instead.
I gave up. I figured it would be better if I went with the flow.

And by the way I've another question, will probably post another thread to get it figured if it is possible for multiple quality files of the same show to show up.
(2017-04-29, 18:16)monsieurcooler Wrote: I gave up. I figured it would be better if I went with the flow.

And by the way I've another question, will probably post another thread to get it figured if it is possible for multiple quality files of the same show to show up.
Going with the flow is a wise move, as an alternative, join the TVdb and convince the meta-data keepers to change their naming scheme.

Regards your supplementary question: I keep my extras in a folder called extras and use the Add-on:Extras (wiki) through various skins, this is selectable. but you could set up another folder name the same, scrape the entire set-up, and then change/rename the title to reflect the resolution (you get two of everything this way) and move it along to the extras folder, a system clean after the move, would give you one set visable, and the other through the extras menu.
@PatK Thanks for the reply.

I'll use your suggestion as I already have the Extras Addon-on if I can't find any other way. I think I read that it's possible for movies but not for TV Shows.
"Going with the flow is a wise move, as an alternative, join the TVdb and convince the meta-data keepers to change their naming scheme."

You know that's sort of impossible to say the least.
(2017-05-01, 08:34)monsieurcooler Wrote: "Going with the flow is a wise move, as an alternative, join the TVdb and convince the meta-data keepers to change their naming scheme."

You know that's sort of impossible to say the least.
Never say 'impossible' it could happen; then of course the moon could turn blue. Extras is supported in TV show folders and is handled in a similiar fashion, alternatively you could scrape the second set, then rename using the context menu and Kodi rename.
Lightbulb 
Thanks.

Another question, I know the thread is going off-topic but whatever I guess i'll just ask here as you are the one probably going to provide the answer. I'm lazy and I don't want to take the effort of opening an another thread.

Anyway is this going to be implemented, that's my question - Feature Request - Stack HD and SD movies with context menu to choose which to play. I would love this as I watch 720p then get 1080p for my archive. This post is a few years old but I hope it's going to happen. Is this feature being worked on?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to scrape TV shows (Anime) without changing their filenames?0