17.1 installs with confluence
I just installed 17.1, previously had 16 with confluence.

While it states in the system info section that I have 17.1 installed, it is using Confluence.

Did I do something wrong, or is there a way to get the Krypton skin installed?

When I find my way to skins, it does not list krypton as an option.
A little bit of confusion creeping in.

Krypton is the name of the new version of Kodi
Kodi 15- Isengard
Kodi 16- Jarvis
Kodi 17- Krypton

The new default skin that comes with Krypton is Estuary. You should be able to change it via Settings>Skins
There is some confusion.

I installed 17.1

How do I find out what the skin is I am currently using?

Thanks
Looks like your imgur link is wrong.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
And now you've deleted it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OK so I think this is your pic, that is confluence.

deleted because the link was wrong.

From a website
"Confluence is the default skin for Kodi 9.11 - 16.x."
Though you say the default skin is Jarvis.

Still would like to know how to find the name of the skin. In system settings, the name "confluence" is in the upper left corner, assumed that was the name of the skin.

as I said, when I downloaded 17.1, it came with the same skin that I was using with Kodi 16.
To find out which version of kodi you have installed go to settings|system information

Perhaps because you had confluence as your skin from before you updated.
Still confused.

The default skin for Kodi v17 & v17.1 is Estuary

Because you had version 16 installed, and upgraded to v17.1, the upgrade kept your original settings.

I don't have confluence installed, but if memory serves me correct, go to Settings>Skins and change the skin to Estuary.
It should now be Settings|Interface Settings
I should add, you don't have to change. Kodi still works perfectly well with the Confluence skin. It is just another option should you feel you want a change.
Ok, memory does not serve me well then. I thought interface was a new menu option added in v17
Thanks for helping me with the pic!

As I stated in my original post:
While it states in the system info section that I have 17.1 installed, it is using Confluence.

Did I do something wrong, or is there a way to get the Krypton skin installed?

When I find my way to skins, it does not list krypton as an option.

I am looking for confirmation about what the name of the skin is. But you have just confirmed it is confluence as I originally stated. However, the version of Kodi, as also stated originally, is 17.1, listed in the settings/system area.
When I downloaded 17.1, it came with Confluence. How can I get Krypton.
Are you actually reading the explanations?
While I was going back to Kodi to figure it out, which I did, you were giving me your explanations, so I read them after figuring out the solution.

Thanks for your assistance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17.1 installs with confluence0