Solved Failed start
I need help with this! I was working with Kodi 17.1 (Windows 10) trying to install an IPTV. Kodi froze and when I restarted it, it went into (what I will Call) a failed start. As soon as it starts it displays a message Kodi has stopped working and shuts down.

I have uninstalled it Completely shut off my computer. And reinstalled Same failed start.
I have deleted all of the files. Completely shut off my computer. Reinstalled same failed start.
I uninstalled it. Installed it from windows store same failed start.
debug log (wiki) you will need the advanced section and set up debugging via advancedsettings.xml
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Unless you've done a fresh start and deleted the Kodi folder it's likely the same bug is hitting you. Follow the 'fresh start' instruction in my sig or use the windows store path here. Kodi Krypton installed from the Win 10 App Store puts user data in [c:]\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\

A proper debug log would be needed to go further.
Thank you for your help. I was able to restart Kodi by going to [c:]\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kod​i\userdata\database\ (and deleted all *.db files)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed start1