Solved Tv show is scraping in one of two ways
Either as the correct show but three different instances with the episodes randomly appropriated to each folder. Or, it scrapes as three different japanese television shows.

I have the naming conventions correct. Tvshow (year) and the seasons are in separate folders marked season1 season 2 so on.

I have tried removing it from the library and re adding it. i have tried physically removing it from the drive, cleaning the database and re adding it. I have also tried using th refresh function and manually adding the show to no avail.

I am using openelec on a raspi box so I might be in the wrong sub forum.
Hi EvilWayz,

This is the correct forum, so no issues there.

On the surface it sounds like either
1. A simple file naming issue (I know you said they were named perfectly. Everyone says that until they are shown their error) Smile
2. The on-line scraper may have incorrect/missing data.

It is more likely to be item 1. Can you provide the following...

Can you copy and paste the full path and file name of your episodes. Not all of them. Just two or three of the ones that are missing from library view.
eg. E:\HTPC TV Shows Overflow\Better Call Saul\Better Call Saul_ S03E01.mkv
Also tell us which directory you have set as "Source" in Kodi
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Wow, response time here is way faster than on the Openelec forum.

New bizarre thing. I got the TV show to scrape correctly. But just for the first two seasons. Third still scrapes as a Japanese tv show. When I attempt to refresh it gives me two Japanese tv show selections, and if I type in the show manually it still automatically picks one of those.

The source for this is /var/media/Seagate/Videos/TV/

A sample episode: /var/media/Seagate/Videos/TV/Black-ish (2014)/Season 3/Black-ish - 3x01 - VIP.mkv

/var/media/Seagate/Videos/TV/Black-ish (2014)/Season 3/Black-ish - 3x02 - God.mkv

Now I did notice another peculiar thing. If I manually type in Black-ish, the scraper doesn't recognize it, I get the japanese stuff. But if I type it in without the dash, I get one selection, Blackish (en) which is correct. But I looked the show up on thetvdb.com and it lists it both ways.

Then try changing all the file names to blackish without the dash?

Sent from my iPhone
Because thats not a fix. The scraper works just fine on season 1 and 2, which are labeled the exact same way, because all three seasons were renamed with Filebot.
Is the Japanese show Lieutenant Ninzaburo Furuhata, by any chance?
YES. That's one of the two. the other is: Mr. X and I.
Hi Evilwayz,

Are you scraping with DVD Order? This setting is usually found in the scraper settings box- Video>Files>YourSource... bring up Context Menu, select "Change Content" select "Settings"

You state this as your source The source for this is /var/media/Seagate/Videos/TV/. So when you navigate as above to Video>Files> then YourSource is "TV" right?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Due to aliases, those two Japanese shows turn up when you try to scan a folder called "Season 3" into the library.

Which would make me think you've set content directly on the "Black-ish (2014)" folder, but neglected to select the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" option in the Set content dialog.

Doesn't quite explain how the first two season could be added correctly, but not the third (that's not really how Kodi works),

UNLESS either the seasons are actually on different drives which just happen to have the same folder structure (then they would be treated independently),

OR you added the Season 3 folder in after the first two seasons worked, but rather than just updating the library (or selecting "Scan for new content" from the context menu on the Black-ish folder) you selected the Season 3 folder and pressed 'i', which would then scan that folder as a new show.
I could not replicate the problem as I had no problem scraping all 72 episodes of Black-ish.

This is what I have and confirmed all 3 seasons scraped with that naming convention using TVDB and DVD Order...
E:\HTPC TV Shows Overflow\Black-ish\Black-ish S01E01.mkv

I then removed the show and cleaned my library. For Season 3 I used your naming convention as follows for the first 2 episodes...
E:\HTPC TV Shows Overflow\Black-ish\Season 3\Black-ish - 3x01 - VIP.mkv
E:\HTPC TV Shows Overflow\Black-ish\Season 3\Black-ish - 3x02 - God.mkv

This also scraped into my library. I tested this twice.

The Kodi Source for my setup is HTPC TV Shows Overflow. This is my test directory. So when you navigate to Videos>Files then that is what is listed

I think answering the questions in my previous post may shed more light.

I did notice that the DVD Order listing in TVDB is a bit messed up, but it did not seem to affect my scrape.
My Signature
Prior to me reading these posts, i had Blackish down to two separate shows, one with 52, one with 8. I refreshed the one with 8 and now they are all in one show, but, each season shows 24 episodes in it, but when i look at the folder in the list, it only shows 60.

The last time I selected the this folder contains a single show function, the entire show became some sort of European tv show called Varan tv. I have taken to not messing with that function ever since.

I havent ever used dvd order. I'll try and see if that gets the show total up to 72 like its supposed to be.

And while the source for tv shows on /var/media/Seagate/Videos/TV/, it is filed under the original TV Shows place in Confluence, along with /storage/videos/ and /var/media/My_Book/Videos/Shows/
Quote:And while the source for tv shows on /var/media/Seagate/Videos/TV/, it is filed under the original TV Shows place in Confluence, along with /storage/videos/ and /var/media/My_Book/Videos/Shows/
I don't understand what you are saying here.

Very simply, can you go to...

Videos>Files. Copy the list that you see. Then point out which source in that list holds Black-ish
My Signature
In TV Shows.
As soon as i clicked that damn single season in folder i get all that japanese crap. For whatever reason, the scraper is reading the first 8 episodes of season three as a different show.
I don't know how else to phrase my question so you can answer it.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv show is scraping in one of two ways0