Memory leak when playing mp3s
It's a slow one but it's there, start playing an album and let it go. I'm on Gentoo.
you know it would help if you provided a debug log so we can see the memory going down but not being restored when you stop playing music (or however it does) other wise its just a guess. Not to mention it will tell us what format your playing etc etc etc
The log file is 57Megs and it consists mainly of

Code:
01:11:41 T:3059857248 M: 85487616   DEBUG: Loading: /t/xbmc/XBMC/BUILD/visualisations/milkdrop.vis
01:11:41 T:3059857248 M: 85487616   ERROR: Unable to load /t/xbmc/XBMC/BUILD/visualisations/milkdrop.vis, reason: /t
/xbmc/XBMC/BUILD/visualisations/milkdrop.vis: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'll get a better dump. I did let it go one time to see what would happen and the process killer jumped in and started wiping everything out.
Go into settings and set the visualisation to ProjectM (And extract the milks to the projectm dir) Milkdrop dosn't work
Here you go.

http://pastebin.com/m3cec7386

I watched the memory usage as it played and it jumped around 15Mb each song.
First off we recomend that you use Project Mayhem III skin when reporting anything mc360 has a bunch of silly things going on with it all the time ( I should know I made it )
Second I'm more worried about this sort of error that is always happening
Quote:23:20:59 T:3060201312 M:328724480 NOTICE: Attempting to update the database ViewModes.db from version 0 to 3
23:20:59 T:3060201312 M:328724480 INFO: Update to version 3 successfull
23:20:59 T:3060201312 M:328724480 ERROR: SQLite: SQL error or missing database
Third I can't really help too much sorry
I deleted everything out of the /UserData/Database folder and did the same steps as last time and that sql error was gone. Probably a corrupt/old db.

I'll play around some more later and see if it's still borking.
btw someone should make a "reporting bugs" sticky with some info on what is expected/helpful.
pancus Wrote:btw someone should make a "reporting bugs" sticky with some info on what is expected/helpful.

We don't accept bug reports from people unless they can fix them themselves at the moment and that is why we don't have a HOW TOO pinned. We do let people post them in this forum so maybe other users can help out or if your lucky a dev at the time might take an interest

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Memory leak when playing mp3s0