Kodi on Firestick Connection error only sometimes
I am running Kodi Krypton on my firestick to play movies from my PC. I got it all set up and running with little issues. I can playback movies via my network most times with no problem (in the afternoon). But a lot of times in the evenings, Kodi can't seem to connect to the network. I've cycled power on the modem, router and firestick and still no network connection in Kodi. The firestick has a network connection since I can stream Netflix, etc. Any ideas? I am new to Kodi/firestick. Thanks!
Where are the movies stored on your PC and which protocol are you using to access them? SMB? NFS?

You need to provide a lot more information to get anything other than speculation and guesswork as an answer.

Start by providing a link to your Debug log (wiki) (replicated the issue whilst debugging) using a service such as pastebin.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-09-12, 14:09)sharyl6 Wrote: I am running Kodi Krypton on my firestick to play movies from my PC. I got it all set up and running with little issues. I can playback movies via my network most times with no problem (in the afternoon). But a lot of times in the evenings, Kodi can't seem to connect to the network. I've cycled power on the modem, router and firestick and still no network connection in Kodi. The firestick has a network connection since I can stream Netflix, etc. Any ideas? I am new to Kodi/firestick. Thanks!

if you have a dual band router or a 5 GHz WLAN connection, try to only use a fixed 2,4 GHz connection for your Fire TV instead. In every dual band router you can define different SSIDs for 2,4 and 5 GHz.

All my Fire TVs (Stick and Boxes) have troubles with 5 GHz WLAN, and flawlessly work on 2,4 GHz.
(2017-09-12, 18:08)Dangelus Wrote: Where are the movies stored on your PC and which protocol are you using to access them? SMB? NFS?

You need to provide a lot more information to get anything other than speculation and guesswork as an answer.

Start by providing a link to your Debug log (wiki) (replicated the issue whilst debugging) using a service such as pastebin.

Thanks for the debug log info. As soon as it happens again (not repeatable since it happens at random times), I will post the log.

(2017-09-12, 19:38)rainman74 Wrote: if you have a dual band router or a 5 GHz WLAN connection, try to only use a fixed 2,4 GHz connection for your Fire TV instead. In every dual band router you can define different SSIDs for 2,4 and 5 GHz.

All my Fire TVs (Stick and Boxes) have troubles with 5 GHz WLAN, and flawlessly work on 2,4 GHz.

Mine is a 2.4 GHz router so it must be another issue. Sad Thanks for the thought though!
(2017-09-12, 18:08)Dangelus Wrote: Where are the movies stored on your PC and which protocol are you using to access them? SMB? NFS?

Debug log at https://paste.ubuntu.com/25528194/

This time I tried to access a movie in my library and I get the message that it no longer exists and if I'd like to remove it from my library. However the file does exist and doesn't matter which movie I choose, I get this message. And I know the firestick has a network connection as I am currently streaming Prime videos when I couldn't access my movie library on Kodi.

What do I need to look for in the debug log to see what is causing this error? Thanks!
Also, I tried again just now (not cycling power on any hardware or software) and I was able to access my movie. Here is the debug log for that:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25529106/
This is continuing to happen randomly. At least, I am not finding an obvious pattern and I am not skilled enough to spot the clues in the debug log (posted above). Any ideas out there?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Firestick Connection error only sometimes1