Import Movies Without Scrapers
I've been using Kodi (Raspberry Pi version) for about a year.  As I understand the interface, the "Video" tab is actually the parent tab of "Movies" and "TV."  And to import lists into those areas you have to use a "scraper" add on.  Unfortunately if the scraper can't identify the file name, your movie/TV show won't be imported. While I appreciate the value of adding movie posters and other metadata, it really is a deal breaker to not have all of the files listed under Movies or TV.  Some files are not found by the scrapers due to naming conventions while others are not found because they may be rare/obscure films.  The reason doesn't really matter.  (Note: I use special naming conventions for collections of films that are essential to basic file management and I’m not willing to forgo this basic file management necessity just to have poster art). So my request is for an option to import movies and TV into their respective sections without meta data matching OR if no data is found, the file should be imported anyway as a NFO.

While it is true that I can just locate files using the Video tab, the Kodi smartphone app doesn’t display the Video tab and without the ability to import the movies and TV files into their respective sections, this feature of the “smart remote” doesn’t work.  
Your solution is this... http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files

And no, the library won't be re-designed to accommodate your reluctance to correctly name your files.

There was a "Just Use The Filename" scraper available once. I don't know if it still exists though. It would just scrape the filename. Maybe have a hunt around and see if it pops up anywhere.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import Movies Without Scrapers0