Noticing very few streaming scripts work...
I just set up a xbmc xbox and Im playing with it to see what it can do. I am noticing that the vast majority of streaming media scripts dont seem to be working. Is this me, or has the world just moved on to 360 and left these babies behind?

Ive tried "consumption junction" Bangbros, and a few others that seemed to be foreign sites for news and stuff. Not really a huge deal to me, but the more this can do the better this box becomes!
yes ive noticed this too:
tried Navi-X tonight and youtube videos worked like a charm for the first few videos, then the video went on fast forward although was still good
still, Navi-X seems the most promising script of the ones ive seen - let's hope the developer keeps improving it!
check out the BBC iplayer script (if your in the uk!) and a lot of plugins work (you add them as sources rather than having separate gui's).

Cheers
are you talking about johnsto's php script for streaming through a server?
link please!
no, Im talking about the scripts you download and install through the XBMC Scripts menu
just had a look but didnt see it - what's it called? I'd be quite interested in trying it out. btw, which is better for youtube streaming, Navi-X or Youtubev2a?
What you are explaining has nothing to do with Xbox versus Xbox360. Look at the date the script you are talking about was written...Streaming video URLs change a lot. If the scripts hasn't been updated then the URLs won't work.
drshit Wrote:are you talking about johnsto's php script for streaming through a server?
link please!

The link is in the post you found! (but here is google code page: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayer/), sorry couldn't post link earlier as no copy and paste on a ipod touch ;-)

Here's the link to the plugins collection: http://theendofthelongestline.de/xbox/do.../index.php

Cheers
thanks mate - ill give it a go!
This is because the vast majority of these scripts rely on particular vulnerabilities on the sites it scrapes information from to be in place, and usually relies on some very static method of scraping/parsing the data. Slight changes in the data it relies on and removal of these vulnerabilities by the host site make these scripts become outdated very quickly.
Spread the knowledge, nothing else.Image
should of mentioned that any script or plugin that used stage 6 servers (divxlive, joox, stage6 etc) wont work as the owners pulled out of hosting divx copies of users (mostly) illegal content very recently. Nothing to do with xbox, these scripts just happened to scrape these sites content.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noticing very few streaming scripts work...0