v17 Sonos Playbar AC3 decoding
Hi guys new to forum and kodi in general. I’m having an issue with my new sonos playbar transcoding DD/AC3. Currently getting no sound with the settings below and any help is appreciated. To note I am using an htpc with hdmi into a hdmi and toslink splitter (link here https://www.amazon.com/TOSLINK-Optical-E...B01K7BZ1XC) with hdmi out going to TV arc hdmi port and spdif out going to playbar. I also only have playbar so far and not 5.1.

Settings on Samsung TV are external speakers and PCM audio output as that’s all it allows me to choose when selecting external speakers. Settings on Kodi are 2.0 speakers, optimized sound, enable pass through and only enable AC3 transcoding selected. If I unselect enable pass through sound works again.

I have Kodi 17.3

Thanks for any help as not sure if it’s the splitter, TV, Kodi, or playbar causing the issue. One final note is I have ARC deselected on the splitter as I didn’t think I wanted that if trying to just use audio through spdif...even if i turn that on it doesn’t do anything.
So what is feeding the soundbar? The splitter or spdif out on the TV?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-26, 03:47)nickr Wrote: So what is feeding the soundbar? The splitter or spdif out on the TV?
 HDMI out from splitter to TV, and SPDIF out from splitter directly to Playbar. I thought i read this was the best setup to ensure TV does not try to decode anything and soundbar is always doing the heavy lifting.
Yep that is the best.

I assume you have checked that your PlayBar does decode AC3?

CAn you post some screen shots of your Kodi audio settings (its usually a couple of shots as it is greater than one page)? Post to somewhere like imgur and put the URL into a post here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes sonos supports AC3 but not much else.

Audio output device = Wasapi Samsung
Number of channels = 2.0
Output configuration = Optimized
Stereo upmix = on
Maintain original volume on downmix = off
Boost centre channel when downmixing = 0 dB
Resample quality = High
Keep audio devices alive = 10 Minutes
Enable audio DSP processing = off
Enable passthrough = on
Passthrough output device = Wasapi Samsung

Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver = on