Issue with previously working smartplaylist
Hi

For the past couple years, I've been using a smartplaylist to grab a random selection of 12 movies. It's been working fine so far, exiting the playlist and entering again would give 12 new random picks everytime; never twice the same movies covers displayed, which is exactly what I wished for. 
Seemingly without me changing anything, this smartplaylist changed behaviour. Now it only picks the 12 random movies out of the database once, then when exiting/returning/refreshing the playlist the movies now remain the same (instead of offering new picks) and the selection is just displayed in different order.

Am I being thick? Here's the smartplaylist, nothing complicated/fancy:
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Random Movies (filtered)</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playlist" operator="is">
        <value>Movies (Filtered)</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>12</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

I'm using Kodi 16.1 with Aeon Madnox. No recent updates. (I'm all for "if it's not broken don't fix it")
Here's the smartplaylist, nothing complicated/fancy:

Put that in my list of smartplaylists (I didn't have it, thanks) and worked flawlessly. Kodi Leia, win7/64 Likely some cache flush issue you're running into (drives all online?), might want to use some sort of clean-up utility, https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112 or Caches explained (wiki)
Thanks for the reply

I had a go at flushing the cache with the database cleaner, however that didn't change much. The random selection is still only done once per Kodi instance (ie. if I quit Kodi and restart it, the smart playlist gives another new set of 12 random picks). Not the end of the world, it still gives 12 random picks once, still functional ish I suppose.

Not a problem of free diskspace on the PC running Kodi, or on the server running mysql.

I ran out of smart ideas to try, so I'll probably let go unless someone got another one Smile
" or on the server running mysql " perhaps in that, you might investigate. I had no issues with re-running the smart playlist, but I don't use Mysql (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with previously working smartplaylist0