v17 .nfo file local extrafanart format?
Hi, apologies if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to post it.

I have a home video stored on my NAS. In my movies folder, I have an .nfo file to specify information about the movie. I have two fanart files--one of which I've managed to specify as the "background" for the video. However, I have a skin that supports fanart slideshows, so I'd like to get the other fanart file into the rotation of fanart. How exactly do I specify that in the .nfo file? The fanart is called "fanart0.jpg" and is inside an "extrafanart" subfolder inside the folder for my home video, but I'm not sure what to do in the .nfo file.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Hi canadave

You don't specify extrafanart in the nfo file. In My Signature below is link to NFO Files and Artwork in the wiki. It will tell you what you can do with nfo files.

Extrafanart is a skin function so the background rotation needs to be set in the skin. Which skin are yo using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi, thanks--I'm using Aeon Nox Silvo.

So, no extrafanart in the .nfo file--fair enough. In that case, I'm not sure how I'd specify the other fanart images to show up in the slideshow rotation. Normally, with normal movies I have, I just update the library, Kodi downloads a bunch of fanart images for it, and all those images get automagically added to the slideshow. I'm not sure how to manually force that for my own home movies with my own fanart images. Is that something to ask the skin designer, not a general Kodi function?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Yes, best to ask the skin developer.

I will move your thread to the Aeon Nox forum where someone might be able to assist.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.nfo file local extrafanart format?0