Can't get imdb scrape to work
Hi,

Been trying to get the imdb scraper to work for the past hour.

I've added my source, set it to "Movies"
I've set it to "Run Automated Scan" and "Scan Recursively"

When I press ok, I right click and press scan for new content, nothing happens.
If I then press "Set Content" again, run automated och recursively scan is unticked again.

Using PM3 skin and 0.4.5
LOG http://pastebin.ca/1006172

opened xbmc, set the content, scanned for new content, closed xmbc and got the log
(Without really looking at the log because I have no idea what goes on in it)
What is your directory structure like?
Have you gone through this?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=How_To_use_Scrapers

Do you really need/want to scan recursively?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Have you used the update library function? If so it breaks the scrapers almost totally... Bug has been filed for this:

http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/ticket/151

Like sho said, make sure your files are named properly.
Don't tick run automated scan, its linked the the update library bug.

Set it to movies, pick imdb, enable scan recursively, go into settings, click ok without changing anything (change stuff if you like but leave "enable movieposterdb" unchecked). click ok again and then "scan for new content".
should work.
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
and your directory structure looks like...?
Do you guys get a progress bar for the scanning when using the PM3 skin? Because I don't, and it's fairly annoying.

Folder structure looks like: HD\MovieFolder\ActualMovie.mkv (or .ts)
Before I had some loose vids in MovieFolder, but I made folders for each movie now, don't know if that will help.

The HD folder is on a mounted SMB drive.

Here's the latest log:
http://pastebin.ca/1006885

I erased the DB and did exactly as ChoccyHobNob says in his post and then got the log

With AEON skin I get a list of 52 objects, some are duplicates, if I don't count the duplicates I get 40 entries, and there are 41 folders (movies) in the HD folder. The one that doesn't show up is "The.Beach.1080i.DD5.1" which contains 3 .TS files and .srt

With PM3 skin I get 25 objects, and there are some duplicates here aswell.
With that structure, if you set content to "MovieFolder" you should not check "Scan Recursively", but if it helps with your problem I do not know.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
OK so now its working but you are getting inconsistent info back.

The Beach is returning no results, try searching for the scraper search string manually ("the beach 1080i dd5 1") and you will see.

The duplicates appear to be where its picking up the samples as well as the full movie

your .nfo files are triggering lots of debug as well because they are scene nfo's and not xbmc nfo's. It shouldn't matter but it does cause extra processing.

Now you have a folder per movie, you need the recursive search turned on, before when you had them all in the same folder you didn't, thought it wouldn't hurt if it was on.

intelligence Wrote:Do you guys get a progress bar for the scanning when using the PM3 skin? Because I don't, and it's fairly annoying.

Folder structure looks like: HD\MovieFolder\ActualMovie.mkv (or .ts)
Before I had some loose vids in MovieFolder, but I made folders for each movie now, don't know if that will help.

The HD folder is on a mounted SMB drive.

Here's the latest log:
http://pastebin.ca/1006885

I erased the DB and did exactly as ChoccyHobNob says in his post and then got the log

With AEON skin I get a list of 52 objects, some are duplicates, if I don't count the duplicates I get 40 entries, and there are 41 folders (movies) in the HD folder. The one that doesn't show up is "The.Beach.1080i.DD5.1" which contains 3 .TS files and .srt

With PM3 skin I get 25 objects, and there are some duplicates here aswell.
ChoccyHobNob Wrote:OK so now its working but you are getting inconsistent info back.

The Beach is returning no results, try searching for the scraper search string manually ("the beach 1080i dd5 1") and you will see.

The duplicates appear to be where its picking up the samples as well as the full movie

your .nfo files are triggering lots of debug as well because they are scene nfo's and not xbmc nfo's. It shouldn't matter but it does cause extra processing.

Now you have a folder per movie, you need the recursive search turned on, before when you had them all in the same folder you didn't, thought it wouldn't hurt if it was on.

So, is there someway I can make it ignore the samples? I would like to keep them since I have them seeded, if I do remove the sample it will be downloaded again.

And what about The Beach, should I create a nfo in the folder (with that name) and then put the IMDB url in there. What's causing it to begin with? Obviously I would like to have the littlest interaction with the movies, since adding custom nfo's with url's etc is boring work..

Thanks for your help, appreciated!
try turning off scan recursively and checking use folder names for lookups.

As for the beach, there is no scene nfo in that folder so it's not finding the imdb lookup string and doing the search manually, without renaming the file or folder there is nothing you can do about that except create an nfo or turn off library mode find the beach folder and do a manual refresh, that will allow you to type in a search string and pick from a list of results
still getting duplicates Sad
XBMC should ignore samples, if the file or folder has sample in the name.
Are are the filenames that are causing duplicates?

And no, you don't turn on recursive scanninng unless you plan to scan two or more folders down. (but if it causes problems if no applicable I don't know)
what movies are duplicated?
being john malkovich
the departed
harry potter and the goblet of fire
the illusionist
the life aquatic
matrix
memento
the pianist
pirates of the caribbean
the prestige
running scared
shaun of the dead
sin city
snatch
the usual suspects

apparently Taxi Driver has disappeared, it was there before I erased the DB again.
I think the dupes are random, last time there were other movies that was duped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get imdb scrape to work0