Separate "Flatten" settings for Movies/TV Shows
Hi,
I'd like to request the ability to have separate 'Flatten' options for TV Shows and Movies.

I find that I'm always turning flatten on and off. I personally do not want, or need, un-flattened TV Show listings. I don't have enough TV Shows to need separating by Genre/Year etc. (I have 80+ shows), and let's be honest, how many people sit down and think "I'd like to watch a TV Show from 2003" or "I'd like to watch an Action/Adventure". Generally speaking, I think most users would know what show they want to watch, or can peruse their list of TV Shows and know what each show is about, what genre it is etc (IMO).

Movies on the other hand, really benefit from not being flattened. I have too many movies to browse in one flattened listing. It's very handy to be able to browse by Genre, or by Year, and often I would not know what genre or year/decade a movie was released by looking at the title alone.

Anyone else agree with this?
Hopefully in the not too distant future the entire tree of the video library will be specifiable via XML.

Not too distant future here refers to whenever I have time to finish it, and I'm not giving any estimates of that, other than it'll be at least a month away, and most likely longer.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Awesome. Can't wait for that.

Thanks jmarshall
x2 for this feature Smile been wanting something like this for well over a year Wink Should I add it to my sig jm?
Hey JMarshall,

Has this been progressing at all? Is this something we're likely to see after the Atlantis release? Or is this feature going nowhere?

I'm not asking for an eta, I'd just like to know if this is still on your list of things to do, or of it's been thrown in the 'too hard' pile.
Nope. It'll be after Atlantis.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Atlantis release is bug fixes from now on only no new features will be added at all so anythign new will have to wait until after that
I realize there is a code freeze at the moment, and nothing will be added until after the Atlantis release. That's why I asked whether it was likely to come after the Atlantis release, or whether it had been scrapped.

I'll be patiently waiting for this addition.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate "Flatten" settings for Movies/TV Shows0