Allow arrangement of TV Shows in folders
My list of saved TV Shows has become unwieldy. I would like to categorize them in folders under the root folder.

This way I could categorize the shows by any one of the following means:
* Genre
* Current versus old shows
* By viewer (e.g. Mom's, Dad's, Kids)
* Other

We can already do that for Movies and this change would simply make TV Shows more consistent with that while offering users significantly more flexibility.
You can do that already.

If the parent folder is TV Shows, add it as a Source, but Set Content to none
The Genre and other sub-folders inside TV Shows are added as a Source and Set Content to TV Shows

https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...hows#Other
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you kindly. I will organize my folders tomorrow and follow your (very clear) directions.
Great. Let us know how you progress.

As you are re-organising your library, the existing library entries will be orphaned which means you will need to clean and re-scrape your library.

You should consider Exporting your library to Separate Files which is basically a backup of your existing library. Move your files around, then when you re-scrape, the NFO Files will be used to create the library. It is extremely quick and reduces the load off the scraper sites which is a service that is free for us, but has to be paid for by the maintainers.

See Import-Export link in My Signature for exporting details.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow arrangement of TV Shows in folders0