Android Kodi close after switching apps (Nvidia Shield Oreo)
Since the update to Oreo kodi behaves buggy on Shield TV if you minimize it and go to homescreen. Then kodi will be always closed automatically. Therefore app switching is not possible. With Nougat that worked better

Is this a common issue and is it planned to be fixed with next beta?
This happens to me if I have a background process running in Kodi (zap2epg in my case).  But if I hit the back button so I don't have the "spinning wheel" in Kodi it works OK.
(2018-10-27, 22:51)qwertyy Wrote: Since the update to Oreo kodi behaves buggy on Shield TV if you minimize it and go to homescreen. Then kodi will be always closed automatically. Therefore app switching is not possible. With Nougat that worked better

Is this a common issue and is it planned to be fixed with next beta?
 I have noticed this also, Annoying having to restart Kodi every time i visit the shields home page
Yep, same behavior here after last update. Even reverted to factory defaults and installed Kodi latest beta (and smpc) along with a minimal set of other apps.
Same result. Kodi or SPMC closes automatically after visiting homepage. ...OR if the device is coming out of sleep (and Kodi was the last active program). I briefly see Kodi before it closes and I'm back on the homescreen.

Anyway, never had that behavior before

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi close after switching apps (Nvidia Shield Oreo)0