Refresh rate in GUI issue
So I am running the latest Kodi on Windows 10. I purchased a new 4k receiver and ever since I have been having issues with the refresh rate in Kodi GUI main menu area. I have my windows desktop set to 1920x1080 @ 60hz and the same resolution set for the GUI in Kodi. When I start to play a 4k movie everything switches to 4k@24hz and looks good. When I stop it switches back to 1920x1080 but leaves the refresh rate at 24hz resulting in a very choppy menu experience. If it would reset to 60hz on startup again there would be no problem but I can’t get Kodi to default to the 60hz while in the GUI. Can someone please help? Not sure what to do.

Am I able to add a GUI refresh rate overrride in the advancedsettings.xml?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
How are you putting the Kodi interface up on the TV? Are you using the display switch to send Kodi to the AVR, then after the movie you flip back to the PC or are you using the interface on the 4K TV and it's maintaining 24 fps after the movie?
Sorry I wasn’t real clear. I have Kodi installed on my HTPC with windows 10. My HTPC is connected to my receiver via HDMI. So Kodi is loaded in windows, movie played etc. then when I stop movie and it switches back into the Kodi GUI it is stuck at 24hz. When I exit Kodi and am back in the windows environment everything switches back to 60hz no problem. I feel like Kodi is getting confused when switching to a 4k@24hz movie then when I stop it doesn’t switch back to 60hz.

Does this help explain my issue? I really appreciate your help. I have tried two different 4k receivers (both quite expensive ones) and Kodi does the same thing, so I’m pretty confident it’s not the receiver...
Why are you not using 3840x2160p 60Hz matching refresh rates for everything since that is native for your display?  Give it a try and compare quality of your playback and quality of KODI GUI vs using 1080p.  You will also probably cure your refresh rate switching problem.  I doubt KODI scales better than your display and Windows desktop usage is certainly suffering being stuck in 1080p.  If it's a hardware limitation forcing you to digress your display in order to work, I'd reconsider that hardware personally.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Reason is my HTPC only supports 4k @ 30hz over HDMI, so keeping the GUI at 1080p was allowing me (in theory) to keep a smooth 60hz.

I thought by changing the resolution to 4k in Kodi prevented the tv from scaling? Everything I have read has said to leave at 1080p in the GUI so tv does the rest, I didn’t want Kodi doing any scaling because I know my tv does a better job.
Do you know if I can just add a GUI line into the advancedsettings.xml??

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh rate in GUI issue0