For exemple :

I play a bit of « Roma »
Than an episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Than a french comic show « Blanche Gardin »
Then « Master and commander »

At a point it always crashes.
I just did the test, it crashed at "Blanche Gardin...."

(I'm currently testing with RC4)
Yeah - how exactly do you change the streams.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well, I express badly maybe...

I just change of video.
I do "escape", navigate in the Netflix add-on, select another video... that's all
So while selecting a new video the old one keeps running in the background right? I did exact that and couldn‘t make it crash here Sad

Did you try my test version above yet?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Yes that’s it...

But No I hadn’t see your test version !!
I’m not homenow, can you send it again ? In 3 hours ?
It is linked in post #15 in this thread ... no need to send you anything as you simply need to download the version from the link given Wink

I have switched between those episodes and movies you posted via Netflix add-on and was still not able to force this crash. Do you have Kodi in windowed or full screen mode when doing so?
Fullscreen mode...

Here’s my procédure :

I uninstall everything (app and folder Kodi in Application Support)

I install a new fresh Kodi, the Netflix addon, leave everything by default, reboot Kodi, sometimes the computer, and begin my test.

Crash every Time, after 5 or 6 videos changes.

I was asking because your link was said to last 30 minutes...

If it’s Still available tonight, I’ll do a new test with logs and so...
AAAAAAAANNNNDDDDDDDD

It works !!! Smile Smile

Congratulations Smile

I did several tests, even installed Catchup-Tv & more, and I never could crash it Smile

Now I have to test it on my older iMac, with the sound interface in 5.1.
I'll let you know...
Thank you very much Memphiz for your help !
That 30 min meant that the link won‘t work before those 30 mins were passed Wink

About your test result - Odd - really odd (that change I did there does not make that much sense). Please do some more tests and confirm back.

Also for your problems you had with your audio interface. You need to ensure that all interfaces you wanna use have a proper channel mapping. Those channel mappings can be set via OS X audio-midi-Setup and are needed for Kodi.
Just saying because in your logs I see devices with only unknown channels which would indicate that there is no proper mapping set.
Hello,

Ok I'm back after installing your new version on my old iMac : it works.
The issue described in this thread is solved to me !
Let's wait a few days if you want to be sure, but I did a looooooot a changes of videos, in Netflix, Catchup-tv & more, and my own videos... not a single crash.
You're a genius Smile

And my sound card seems to work fine too, I set it up like it was in v17.6 and it seems to work perfectly.
Again let's wait a few days but it really seems good, so again thank you very much Memphiz !

Now I've another little trouble, but I'll open a new subject, and I'm not sure there's a solution, it's just that my iMac is reaaaally old...
We'll I'll ask on the forum, who knows, miracles happen Smile)

Thanks one more !
Turns out what I thought was a „senseless“ change was indeed a correct bug fix. Needed some thinking before I got my head around it though.
Thx for sticking with me and testing on that short period of time.
The fix will be included in a couple of days I think.
OK, thank you one more !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KodiV18 crashes with a soundcard who works perfectly with Kodi v170