Better control over content linked to TV shows
Instead of just placing all extra content before or after the seasons, what about the option to label where extra content should go? For example, Stargate the movie came before Stargate SG-1 the series so it should go before all seasons but the two new Stargate SG-1 movies came after the series so they should go after all seasons.

Any way to accomplish this in the library? Perhaps a context menu option where to place the movie, featurette, etc. To be able to precisely place where extra content goes would be a very nice addition in my opinion. I don't want to suggest anything that creates clutter but I would find this quite useful.

Side note, would anyone else be interesting in seeing the "All Seasons" label changed to "All Content" if there are movies, specials, etc. linked to the TV show being navigated?
First of all, XBMC seperates movies from TV-shows and that design will stay, (meaning Stargate The Movie is a movie and not a TV-show so that should obviously not be listed under TV-shows). You can however already add Stargate SG-1 movies, behind-the-scenes, featurettes, and such to TV-shows by adding it as an extra on thetvdb.com and naming it S00E01 (EI. season "00", and episode whatever you list on thetvdb.com). Also see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30528
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester technically not true you can currently associate movies with TV shows and they appear in the TV section of the Library as well as the normal Movie one
Gamester17 Wrote:First of all, XBMC seperates movies from TV-shows and that design will stay, (meaning Stargate The Movie is a movie and not a TV-show so that should obviously not be listed under TV-shows). You can however already add Stargate SG-1 movies, behind-the-scenes, featurettes, and such to TV-shows by adding it as an extra on thetvdb.com and naming it S00E01 (EI. season "00", and episode whatever you list on thetvdb.com). Also see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30528

I know that movies and TV shows are separate. And I've already added made for TV movies or feature length TV show backdoor pilots under the specials section on thetvdb.com so they are added to a particular TV show's category.

However, I would like to be able to tell XBMC where to specifically place any extra content. Thetvdb.com pages already allow users to specify where something like a movie may have aired in relation to the airdates of the show's episodes themselves. So that information is already in the database. If you view the "All" category at thetvdb.com it will show all content and list made for TV movies that may have aired before the series began at the top of the list and then list movies that were released after the series ended at the bottom of the list.

What I would like to see is a similar listing ability. XBMC could be told where to place content while navigating the library. Instead of just having a category called "Specials" being randomly placed before the first season or after the last season of a given show, I would like to be able to tell XBMC that "example1" belongs before Season 1 but "example2" belongs after Season 6.
The ideal way to handle this is to scrape the air date and sort by that. (This honestly may already be possible. I didn't think of this option when I replied to your duplicate in the other thread you hijacked.)

** edit **

I just looked at the code in the SVN browser and I think this will work if you change the sort to "Date" but I'm not sure how accurate it will be because movies only get tagged with a year.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
kraqh3d Wrote:The ideal way to handle this is to scrape the air date and sort by that. (This honestly may already be possible.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34485
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33948

thetvdb.com API does not support lookup by air date yet, and I am not sure about other sites such as tv.com (nor I am sure if XBMC scrapers can scrape by air date?, and if XBMC library mode can sort TV shows by air date or not?)
The thetvdb.com has air date, and the videoinfo tag supports this piece of information, so it's theoretically scrape-able. Xbmc doesn't need to scrape "by" air date, it just needs to get it.
but XBMC's TheTVDB scraper does not technically scrape thetvdb.com, it uses their open API and it that API does not yet have support for air date, (see the other forum thread I linked to, szsori who posted there is the administrator of thetvdb.com).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34485
Yes, I know. I know that thread. I even posted in it. He states that the API doesn't provide a way to look up by air date, but it is available. And the scraper seems like it should get it if its available. I'm at work so I cant look at my database. Can someone confirm? If anyone has access to their video database now, open it in SQLiteSpy, open the episode table, and see if anything is in column c05.
It sure is populated, with dates that look the part.
thank you sho.

@thenut:
if you get a chance, try changing the sort to date.
I'll clear up the confusion about the API and air date. Right now it's completely possible scraping by air date using the API, as long as you use the all.xml or all.zip file. You just have to look up the airdate field in there instead of the season/episode combination. What currently isn't available is the ability to look up an episode using this format:

/api/apikey/series/73739/airdate/2008-07-01/en.xml

That may be added at some point, but since it's possible right now I see no need to rush when I have higher priority items. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better control over content linked to TV shows0