Req support to install android apks from within kodi
i would like to be able to install android apks from within kodi using the aptoied addon please i have looked into what may need changing to frix this but i wasnt able to find it the apk installer option works inside 17.6 but since 18 its not worked thanks in advance
Based on the recent problems with the Installer add-on, I don't think Android currently allows this so it would be impossible to achieve.

APK's can be downloaded, but not installed from within Kodi. That would need to be done manually, which rather defeats the object in this case.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-04-23, 16:24)DarrenHill Wrote: Based on the recent problems with the Installer add-on, I don't think Android currently allows this so it would be impossible to achieve.

APK's can be downloaded, but not installed from within Kodi. That would need to be done manually, which rather defeats the object in this case.

can you tell me then why does it work on 17.6 if its a android problem it must be something with kodi for this cos it works on 17.6 but not 18.+ ??
It's what I was told and what was stated in the add-on thread (for the updater), although I haven't used 17.6 in a while to be able to verify.

Presumably it's API usage or something like that, although I'm not the man to ask for details of why stuff is done one way in 17.x and another in 18.x .
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
We were required by Goggle to update the target SDK to 26 to upload new versions to the Play store as all apps have had to do, without doing this we wouldn't have been able to distribute v18 through the Play store, see https://android-developers.googleblog.co...mance.html?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
support to install android apks from within kodi0