Harmony Remote Control
Is it possible to program Harmony 650 to perform the following actions :

1) switching audio stream
2) switching subtitle on/off
Forgot to mention that I am running Kodi in SHIELD TV
So depends how your Harmony is set up, but it is certainly possible.  I am not sure how/if the Shield changes anything about this but I suspect it mostly works the same as Kodi with Libreelec or whatever.

IIRC, if you set a key (e.g. one of the programmable screen buttons) to send a Microsoft Media Player - 'Audio' - that will then change the audio language (only if there are multiple languages in the file, otherwise it does nothing).  This triggers the AudioNextLanguage command in Kodi.

For the subtitles, I bind another Harmony key to send 'Subtitle' and I use this in my keymap.xml file (which is stored in userdata/keymaps IIRC).

xml:

<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <Title>ShowSubtitles</Title>
      <mypictures>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</mypictures> <!-- download subs --> 
    </remote>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

...that toggles subtitles. 

(If you want to use a subtitle other than the default one, you still have to go into the menus (or you could instead use NextSubtitle if you want to set up a button to cycle through available subs but that can get annoying if your files have like 20 different languages in them...)

You can also see I have bound the subtitles downloader to another Harmony key I have set to send MyPictures, which is pretty handy.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2019-06-10, 04:20)bossanova808 Wrote: So depends how your Harmony is set up, but it is certainly possible.  I am not sure how/if the Shield changes anything about this but I suspect it mostly works the same as Kodi with Libreelec or whatever.

IIRC, if you set a key (e.g. one of the programmable screen buttons) to send a Microsoft Media Player - 'Audio' - that will then change the audio language (only if there are multiple languages in the file, otherwise it does nothing).  This triggers the AudioNextLanguage command in Kodi.

For the subtitles, I bind another Harmony key to send 'Subtitle' and I use this in my keymap.xml file (which is stored in userdata/keymaps IIRC).

xml:

<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <Title>ShowSubtitles</Title>
      <mypictures>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</mypictures> <!-- download subs --> 
    </remote>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

...that toggles subtitles. 

(If you want to use a subtitle other than the default one, you still have to go into the menus (or you could instead use NextSubtitle if you want to set up a button to cycle through available subs but that can get annoying if your files have like 20 different languages in them...)

You can also see I have bound the subtitles downloader to another Harmony key I have set to send MyPictures, which is pretty handy.
Thanks bossanova808.  I have edited the Keymap in Windows previously, but haven't tried in Android.  Where is the Keymap file located in Android and what app would you recommend to edit it?
That's what Google is for, and no idea off the top of my head...but it is there somewhere!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
There is a plugin for that Keymap editor or something similar. You find it on the default kodi repository

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony Remote Control0