Solved Unable to shutdown Kodi 18.02 on Ubuntu 18.04
When I press the power button I get 4 options Exit. Power off system, Reboot, Skin settings.
I use Exit and this had been a bit temperamental, might have to press it a few times before it would work.
Now  it just freezes and the keyboard. mouse or remote will not work.
The only way the exit is to press Ctrl,Alt, Delete which gives me the option to log out.
Logging back in gets me to Ubuntu and then I'm able to launch Kodi again.
Had a look at a few posts https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...ot+working but I'm not sure if this is the same problem.
(2019-06-19, 06:00)dixons Wrote: I use Exit and this had been a bit temperamental, might have to press it a few times before it would work.
How long do you leave it before force closing it? Possibly some process (network maybe) is holding up the shutdown.

Best to provide a Debug Log which captures the "hang".
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for your time.
Did what I should have done at the start and re-installed Kodi
This seems to have fixed the problem.
Had a look at the old log and the new log and the problems noted in the old log have now disappeared.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to shutdown Kodi 18.02 on Ubuntu 18.040