Mod Widget modifications
Good day,

Firstly, a big thanks @jurialmunkey for creating this awesome and great looking skin. But as with all things, small things will differ in taste. I've modded my local version with a couple of things to finetune it more to my needs. Having said that, I have zero experience with skinning Kodi and just started this week modding a skin and addon.

99% of my YouTube usage is through Kodi, and I like to have my favorite channels as widgets, preferrable in landscape mode. However, this is currently not ideal for YouTube since the information is limited, and we only have 3 items next to each other.

I've modded this part in a couple of ways:

Widgets:
- I've made the landscape items smaller so I can have 4 items horizontally.
- This gave me space below the item which I use to add the title, YouTube channel name and duration
- In case your using landscape for tv episodes it will show the title and the tv show name
- The widget title has been extended to include the YouTube channel name and duration

Misc:
- I've changed the behaviour of the subtitle button. If you have it set to toggle subtitles, pressing up on your remote will also popup the subtitle settings dialog.
- If you pause the video the OSD will fadeout after 3 seconds. I use this setup to learn Guitar, and a lot of time the OSD is in front of the tabs when I pause the video. This will fix that problem without loosing functionallity.

The code is probably bad since I haven't got any real kodi skinning experience. But it works. Tips for improvements are more than welcome. I'm just releasing the source since it may benefit some other users.

Sidenote:
I've also modded the YouTube plugin in order to hide the default "Playlist", "Search" and "Live" buttons that you usually get when loading a YouTube channel as a widget.

Sources:
Modded Arctic Zephyr 2: https://github.com/michielvandenboogaart...c.zephyr.2
Modded YouTube Addon: https://github.com/michielvandenboogaart...eo.youtubehttps://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345498

Preview:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/qdzvNV7" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/qdzvNV7"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Hmm, can't seem to find where to edit my post.

Proper screens
watch gallery

Also, if there is just one part of the mod you want you can go to the github page and look through the commits. I've tried to keep them seperate from each other. Also, tips on how to do it better are always welcome.
Nice work! Some really great additions here. Big Grin
I really like the way you've done the 4 across landscape widget. Also the pressing up from the subtitle button to open the menu is a simple but great idea.
If you don't mind, I might implement these in the main skin.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-07-19, 14:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: If you don't mind, I might implement these in the main skin.

I'd be honered and it would save me a lot of time updating your changes Wink . I would suggest to do the implementations yourself, if you look at the source code you'll see that I just inserted the lines where I guess I should have used variables or includes. I was already happy that I found the correct lines and figured out what to add or change.
Excellent. I've included some options for smaller landscape and square widgets in the latest release Smile
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Great work, and fast too. I like the way you handled the runtime and date of the smaller landscape widgets. The smaller square version is also a very welcome addition, I'm using those now for Genre listings. 

Next thing for me is too look trough those 4 commits to see how I should have extended those widgets. Doesn't look all too complicated, I should be able to figure it out, just need to make sure I'm not getting myself confused with the search changes. 

Thnx for the update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Widget modifications0