Stumped configuring Keymap.xml
Running 2.1a2svn13953-hardy1, under Ubuntu 8.04.

I've been trying to get a PSOne controller, connected to XBMC through an LTS PSX/USB adapter, working properly with XBMC. I have more or less got it, somewhat based on the configuration given for the PS3 controller and the default mapping for the XBox controller. It was just a matter of putting the proper identifying information (LTS PSX/USB Pad) in Keymaps.xml and figuring out the buttons and axis values.

The only problem is the d-pad is far too sensitive - one quick tap of the pad moves the cursor 4 or 5 clicks. I've searched the wiki, forums, etc, but I haven't located how to tell it to not start instantly repeating the d-pad "keypress". Below is what I've done with Keymap.xml; it's incomplete, no point in tweaking it more unless the d-pad control basics can be made usable.

Code:
<joystick name="LTS PSX/USB Pad">  
      <button id="3">Select</button>                  
      <button id="2">ParentDir</button>                
      <button id="1">Queue</button>    
      <button id="4">FullScreen</button>
      <button id="8">ContextMenu</button>
      <button id="9">PreviousMenu</button>
      <button id="12">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</button>
      <button id="10">XBMC.ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)</button>
      <axis id="2" limit="+1">VolumeDown</axis>
      <axis id="2" limit="-1">VolumeUp</axis>
      <axis id="4" limit="+1">AnalogSeekForward</axis>
      <axis id="4" limit="-1">AnalogSeekBack</axis>
      <axis id="5" limit="-1">Left</axis>
      <axis id="5" limit="1">Right</axis>
      <axis id="6" limit="-1">Up</axis>
      <axis id="6" limit="1">Down</axis>
    </joystick>

from Hardinfo:
Code:
LTS PSX/USB Pad
Type Joystick
Bus  0x3
Vendor 8631
Product 0x1128
version 0x100
Connected to usb-0000:00:1d.1-2/input0
Thanks for any help anyone can give.
So, this is impossible, then? Pity, seems the more controllers that Just Work when the user plugs 'em in, the better.
SDL is providing the interface to joysticks. im sure there must be a way to calibrate thru SDL, but its not currently possible through xbmc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I see. Using the jscal application it seems to be properly calibrated. It strikes me as odd that the D-Pad is recognized as an analog control when it's simply four digital switches, but I figured there was a valid reason. Either way, this seems to be a bit more complicated to deal with than I was hoping for when I almost got it working. If there's no way to simply say to XBMC "ok, now don't start repeating until X milliseconds after I've been holding the D-pad", then this is probably out of my league. Thanks for the info, though.
huh? the dpad is being recognized as an analog control? im in the process of restoring my linux box. i'll have a play with it, but probably not for a few weeks.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:huh? the dpad is being recognized as an analog control? im in the process of restoring my linux box. i'll have a play with it, but probably not for a few weeks.

I don't think that's an XBMC thing, that just seems to be how the linux driver for this PSX to USB adapter treats the input. Each axis of the D-pad is an analog input with three possible values of either -1, 0, or 1. Zero being "at rest". I'd assumed it would treat the D-Pad input as buttons - this adapter isn't supposed to support the pressure sensitivity on Dual Shock 2 era controllers. But this could be me misunderstanding the nature of controller input handling.
I had the same issue with a digital joypad, I can't use the dpad because every press is treated as 4-5 movements
I also had the same problem with logitech cordless rumblepad 2. Fortunately I found a workaround: http://hans.fugal.net/blog/2007/06/02/jo...e-in-linux http://hans.fugal.net/src/jhat.tar.gz It basically maps joystick axes to directional keys.
Raakakelkka Wrote:I also had the same problem with logitech cordless rumblepad 2. Fortunately I found a workaround: http://hans.fugal.net/blog/2007/06/02/jo...e-in-linux http://hans.fugal.net/src/jhat.tar.gz It basically maps joystick axes to directional keys.

thanks. i had the same issue. i have the wireless rumbplepad 2. i wish i was better with c. i imagine its not too hard to edit jhat to take advantage of the 2 "thumb-pads also". "jhax <dev> <x> <y> <a> <b> <c> <d>" can anyone help or explain how to ?

Raakakelkka, if you're using the RubmplePad too would you mind sharing your keyMap.xml ?

i only have global mapped this far ( KeyMap.XML ) ...

cheers
zosky
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Here's my Keymap.xml. I think it won't help you much since there is no logic in the bindingsBlush. Also i have used thumbsticks to scroll menus, adjust volume and winding through videos. Works quite nicely so there is no need to make those sticks like the d-pad IMHO.
Raakakelkka Wrote:I also had the same problem with logitech cordless rumblepad 2. Fortunately I found a workaround: http://hans.fugal.net/blog/2007/06/02/jo...e-in-linux http://hans.fugal.net/src/jhat.tar.gz It basically maps joystick axes to directional keys.

Oh God... U made my day with this post.... Thanks alot... This solved all my problems

Cordless Rumblepad 2
Same Problem here , but the Link to the Jhat Fix is dead! Sad
The other Link from Raakakelkka to his Keymap.xml is dead, too.

Sad

I need help! ^^

Greets
lenn1

edit: I found the jhat.tar.gz in another forum , but then happened this:

Quote:xbmc@XBMCLive:~/jhat$ ./jhat /dev/input/js0 4 5
Unable to open display 'default'

edit2:

i used the following commands and now it works.
Quote:export DISPLAY=:0

The Question is: How can i get this to start automatically on systemboot?
lenn1 Wrote:Same Problem here , but the Link to the Jhat Fix is dead! Sad
The other Link from Raakakelkka to his Keymap.xml is dead, too. edit: I found the jhat.tar.gz in another forum , but then happened this: i used the following commands and now it works. The Question is: How can i get this to start automatically on systemboot?

in the file /usr/bin/runXBMC
below echo "#!/bin/bash" > /home/xbmc/.xsession
add echo "/path/to/jHat -swtches" >> /home/xbmc/.xsession

you'll need to do this each time you upgrade xbmc
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
Hi I have this gamepad (rumblepad 2 cordless)

What do you put when you do:
./jhat /dev/input/js0 x z

What I must write in the x and z?
Many thanks and sorry for my english!
mierdatuti: x & z are the axis you want jhat to control
use 4 & 5 to have it control the left-thumb stick, like the example above
if you use different numbers it will control diffrent sticks ( like 2&3 for the right )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stumped configuring Keymap.xml0